Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paranormal Ponderings
15-10-2005, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2005 12:19 PM by PJ.)
Paranormal Ponderings

We have had several of these threads in the past. But the topic fascinates me - and I'm sure it fascinates others as well. And since halloween is just round the corner, let's get in the mood...

Ever experienced the paranormal? Were you visited by a ghostly apparation one night? Did you see a ufo flying over your house? Did you get carried away with a ouiji board? Have you ever been to a psychic?

Share your spooky stories of the paranormal here...

***WARNING: Readers who scare easily / have a nervous disposition / are incontinent are advised to leave this thread now.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Paranormal Ponderings
YAAAAY! I am really into this kinda stuff. Well one night, I woke up and I saw this white thing in my room and it told me, well it didn't actually say it, it was more like it was telling me something with it's mind (if it had one :laugh: ). Anway it told me to not go out tomorrow night and then it disappeared. I thought of it as a dream. Then the next day my mum said let's go to La Porchetta (a restaurant) for dinner. I of course said no but we went anyway. This is where the ghost thing comes into play... My sister went to the toilet right. She was taking a long time so I went to check on her. As I was walking there she was coming back but she was crying and holding what I thought was a red rag that one of the ladies gave to here to clean our table and make her feel important. On closer inspection it was blood and it was hers! Her finger had got stuck in the door and she had a massive cut and was bleeding. I looked up into the doorway and I saw this white fog just fade away! :shocking:
15-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Paranormal Ponderings
...Thank god i've never had a paranormal experience...would scare the hell out of me :eek: ...i love reading about other people's though... :wink2:

...Weird about that white fog stuff Jakeyboy... :wacko:
Find all posts by this user
15-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Paranormal Ponderings
I know! And to add to the weirdness (is that a word? :laugh: ) my grandma had a dream that something would happen to my sister the night before! She always has dreams like that. It's really freaky... :shocking:
15-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Paranormal Ponderings
I may have posted this before on a similar thread but here goes again:

I was house sitting for a friend. There was just something about this house. Couldnt put my finger on it. Anyway, the family had put the house on the market and were going to view another property so left me on my own. I tended to distract myself when i was there, you know, whistling, singing making some noise as something gave me the creeps. I was in the kitchen cooking and heard a scratching noise at my feet. There were cats but I could locate the noise by my feet of a cat scratching but no cat. So, I started humming, trying to calm myself down, switched off the cooker and walked to the furthest room (living room). I felt something following me, human size, and went to this room and could sense it stopped at the doorway. Gulping, I got up and closed the door.
When my friends came back they said I looked like I had just seen a ghost. I told them what happened. They told me that the room I was in had recently been exorcised. Friends granny was a medium, she experienced poltergeist activity (her report) when she was younger - history of the house. When I went out of the room, the pictures in the hall had been moved around.

I could post a story a day on this site as I have quite a few more!!!

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
15-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Paranormal Ponderings
tonee Wrote:I may have posted this before on a similar thread but here goes again:

I was house sitting for a friend. There was just something about this house. Couldnt put my finger on it. Anyway, the family had put the house on the market and were going to view another property so left me on my own. I tended to distract myself when i was there, you know, whistling, singing making some noise as something gave me the creeps. I was in the kitchen cooking and heard a scratching noise at my feet. There were cats but I could locate the noise by my feet of a cat scratching but no cat. So, I started humming, trying to calm myself down, switched off the cooker and walked to the furthest room (living room). I felt something following me, human size, and went to this room and could sense it stopped at the doorway. Gulping, I got up and closed the door.
When my friends came back they said I looked like I had just seen a ghost. I told them what happened. They told me that the room I was in had recently been exorcised. Friends granny was a medium, she experienced poltergeist activity (her report) when she was younger - history of the house. When I went out of the room, the pictures in the hall had been moved around.

I could post a story a day on this site as I have quite a few more!!!

That would have freaked me out to the maximum! I would never ever go back to that place!
16-10-2005, 04:06 AM
Paranormal Ponderings
***WARNING: Readers who scare easily / have a nervous disposition / are incontinent are advised to leave this thread now.

PJ-ARE YOU TALKIN' 'BOUT ME???? I mean I told the 'Saw' thing in complete and utter confidence or.....did I post it ??????

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
16-10-2005, 06:02 AM
Paranormal Ponderings
Is anyone else gonna post their strange stories? I'm really interested in 'em...

PS: This post is number 300!!!
16-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Paranormal Ponderings
When my grandad retired, many years ago, he was given a clock. This clock has a glass front which opens and it chimes. When he died the clock was passed on to my mum and dad..Myself and my brothers were bought up with the chiming of this clock. My mum took a great deal of care in it`s cleaning and the winding up of it. As they grew older they moved into a flat where the chimes would keep them awake so eventually they were turned off. In 1985 my dad died and shortly after this we were sitting with mum one day talking about the good times and the clock chimed. We checked it out and the chimes were still on the off position. Over the next 15 years the clock would chime on my mums birthday, sometimes mine, and often when we talked about him. My daughter was unimpressed with this as the clock never chimed on her birthday and she was very scepitcal about the whole thing. Until one day she and my mum were having a disagreement and the clock chimed many times and the glass door flew open. In 2000 my mum died and since then the clock has remained silent. When I pass on I intend to leave the clock with my daughter who is terrified of it.
16-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Paranormal Ponderings
My friend dragged me along to a psychic meeting once. I didn't want to go as I am very sceptical and I thought I would spend an evening listening to a load of old tosh. The guy doing it was very charasmatic so I sat back to listen.

There were around a hundred people there and he came to our side of the room and started focussing on me. I thought okay, we were sitting near the front and he has to pick on someone, carry on you won't impress me.

What he said next astonished me. He told me that my dad was a failed boxer and the fact that he never quite made it affected him for the rest of his life. He said he had three cups for it.

FACT My dad boxed for his regiment in the army and he won three cups that always sat on the mantlepiece. He became badly concussed in a fight and was told h had to give it up. He was always complaining about missed opportunities.

The psychic went on to tell me that dad was a difficult man who wasn't very kind to my mother but had not physically abused her just vented his frustration on her.

FACT Absolutely true.

Next he said that dad knows how difficult he made things at the end and he is sorry for that.

FACT My father refused to speak to me for the last few days as I had a disagreement with him over my mothers health. He just pulled the blanket over his head when I visited.

Next up was my mum. He told me that her name was Grace and that she had a lot of trouble with her left hip and had been in a wheelchair he was very specific about which hip it was. He said she had distanced herself from my dad in the afterlife. He said we had planted roses for her in the garden. Then he told me that she had a small child with her and that she was not his mother his name was Liam or Lee or something similar and that I was to tell its mother.

FACT My mothers name is Grace and she did indeed have trouble with her left hip putting her in a wheelchair. We had planted roses in the garden not with mum in mind but it was her garden as we bought the family home after they died. Her grandchild Bradley died just before his third birthday.

Throughout this I never spoke a word so it dispensed with my theory that they feed from how you respond to questions. I must admit it did disturb me and I am not sure that I would ever go again.

I know there are certain things he said that could have applied to anyone but some facts he gave left me feeling not quite as sceptical more open minded.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do you believe in the paranormal? Sammy 10 1,179 30-11-2004 03:40 PM
Last Post: Bonsai