Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parenting
08-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Parenting

Right, I'm stuck at home with the two of them and I'm calling on your for help. Feel free to use this thread for any parenting issues you may have.

Gigi has two gnat bites, one on her shoulder and one on her shin. I've put loads of creams and lotions on then , but she keeps scratching them and pulling the skin off, so they won't heal.

So I bought some lovely kiddy plasters the other day, with monsters and crocodiles on, but she just pulls them off as soon as I put them on.

How do I get the little demon to leave the bites alone so they have a chance to heal?

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Parenting
Have you tried gloves? Or Phenergan?
08-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Parenting
you could always tie her hands behind her back otherwise Big Grin My parents actually tried that one on me to stop me sucking my thumb, didn't work i just became a little Hoodini (sp?).

Any ideas on how to stop a two year old soaking through his nappy at night I've changed his bedding twice already this week Sad
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Parenting
Sammboelyn Wrote:you could always tie her hands behind her back otherwise Big Grin My parents actually tried that one on me to stop me sucking my thumb, didn't work i just became a little Hoodini (sp?).

Any ideas on how to stop a two year old soaking through his nappy at night I've changed his bedding twice already this week Sad

Stop giving him so much to drink:ninja:

Do I know you? :yahoo:

Bollox to potplants
08-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Parenting
Patsy Wrote:Have you tried gloves? Or Phenergan?

Phenerwho?

Bollox to potplants
08-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Parenting
floopy Wrote:Stop giving him so much to drink:ninja:

Do I know you? :yahoo:
:ninja: Dammit I'm so not as mysterious as I try to be Big Grin

We're great parents huh, I want you to tie your child up, you want me to dehydrate mine... I'm not sure which is worse
08-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Parenting
It's that smiley Big Grin . I'd recognise it anywhere.

Re the nappy thing - are you using cheapies or one of the big brands - they do make a difference

Bollox to potplants
08-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Parenting
I knew that would come up, and as you've probably guessed it's the cheapies - but they're Lidls finest, and they work fine during the day... please don't say I have to pay out for pampers not only does it go against the grain but it eats into my alcohol fund Big Grin
08-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Parenting
you pays you money, you takes your choice :pimp:

COuld you switch to Lidl's own brand vodka and make a saving there? Or their own brand meths is quite good if your don't let it touch your teeth.

Bollox to potplants
08-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Parenting
already there unfortunately - not the meths the Vodka that is.

Anyway I guess I could try pampers or soemthing equally expensive just at nights for now. See if it makes a difference. He does tend to have milk late at night which should stop really but it's hard to fit everything in (dinner etc) before his bedtime IYSWIM?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Joys of Parenting sheoque 2 537 14-11-2004 09:59 PM
Last Post: Dolores