Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partners and the things they do.
02-07-2005, 07:37 PM

Today Mr Cat went into town and came back with a digital video recorder..£650.

I just looked at him agog. Yes maybe he can afford it , but in the past he has never taken one single photo of the boys..the old video camcorder got discarded because I was so fed up of doing all the filming, all the editing, all the copying ect..I have asked him on numerous occasions ...just take one of me and the boys...it never comes out...always to much effort.

I am speachless at his extravagence...he won't use it, won't learn how to.

I am actually very, very annoyed.

He had bought it for me to use..but if he was going to spend £650 I think a little disscussion might have been nice there are loads of other things I would rather have...the side of house being painted for one.

At this moment in time I want to shove this camera right up his ****.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2005, 07:40 PM
This should be in the Coffee Lounge...bit ****ed...can a caring mod move it for me please...ta.xxx
02-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Moved as per request my little chickadee.

Wow Cat, bit extravagent buying you a camera for you to use. As you say, a bit of discussion first wouldn't have gone amiss.

My hubby usually discusses things that he wants to buy but unfortunately it's usually only fishing gear he's buying.

[Image: 429.gif]
02-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Boys and their toys and once they have them the novelty wears off very quickly. I am sure its just that they like to boast thay have this and that learning how to use them is just too much effort. Mr M did the same with the video camera and now its the digital camera that has hardly been out of its box. We also have binoculars never been used and a portion of the loft taken up with fishing gear that never gets used.
Find all posts by this user
02-07-2005, 10:44 PM
He obviously recognised how important it was that we saw numerous pictures of your good self and family on S/O - so just show him how it works?

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
02-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Just take it as being one of those 'Guy Thangs'.

And book a holiday...cos, I mean, you need to try it out dontchya?

Its a pain when they do things like that, but really, sometimes you just need to splurge...maybe he was having a splurge moment.

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
02-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Lady Cat ...just be thankful you have a partner to include in this thread! :cry:

I cant blame my debts, lack of empty bins or un-mowed lawns or sinkfuls of washing up on anyone except by lazy exotic assed self!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
03-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Cat - I'd be miffed too. I absolutely agree that big expenditure should be jointly discussed and I was peed off when Mr H bought a new car earlier this year without discussing it with me first. I know its his money, but there are other things that need doing which - in my opinion - should have taken priority.

But take heart. There are those who have much worse to complain about. My friend has just discovered that her wealthy and generous husband is actually £250,000 in debt and his very good salary does not nearly cover the repayments. He has had this debt for years and has never told her. He only confessed because he is now technically insolvent and their house is at risk. It wouldn't be so bad except that while he was juggling this debt, they were swanning off on Carribean Cruises and building a loft conversion and they couldn't actually afford it!

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
03-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Thanks everyone....we had a small heated debate last night and it has cleared the air. I made him understand that that morning I had debated in sainsburies over spending £6 on a new t shirt (in a rather fetching shade of plum) and I feel that unless I take on the camera it won't get used. But he can afford this and he was thinking of his family.

Life is too short.

Can you post short films here because you maybe getting a few in the near future.

Thanks again as it does help to get different perspectives of things.

:photo:
03-07-2005, 12:32 PM
:ohmy: Do I sense the video release of Zambian Blues??

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fox problems and other things... PJ 8 1,332 04-07-2007 07:13 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Things that make you go GRRRR! Coastie 32 2,672 16-06-2007 08:47 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Things that worry you.... Groucho 29 2,655 10-06-2007 12:42 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Things I couldn't care LESS about!! Dolores 42 3,616 09-06-2007 11:11 AM
  Things that make blokes proud of themselves... Seabreeze 2 800 25-04-2007 09:31 AM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Life Insurance and other morbid things ... Bonsai 23 2,571 27-02-2007 04:11 PM
  Things it pained you to throw away Seabreeze 11 1,379 10-11-2006 02:09 AM
  Odd things on the Intertron HushTheVoices 48 2,927 12-10-2006 10:35 AM
Last Post: Critique
  Stupid things you've bought PJ 39 2,562 16-09-2006 05:19 AM
  Small things amuse small minds... Woodstock 8 1,105 23-06-2006 04:19 PM
Last Post: Patsy