Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Paul Bashing(Give the guy a break)
08-12-2004, 02:04 AM

I've read through all the post over the last week and I can't believe the amount of people bashing Paul. First of all I believe he had balls, for going on the show in the 1st place due to the poison that’s written in the gutter press and yes that’s the same press he sold his story to in the 1st place, and the papers who missed out on the auction have been making him pay ever since.
The reason he was on the show was to try and let people see for themselves what he’s really like. He took everything what was chucked at him and also gave some back. I for one would have been pooing myself jumping out of plane, searching around in the pitch black, sticking my hands in holes knowing dam well something horrible is inside, and there is know way I'd have eaten some of the things he did. And the reason he did was because he had something to prove to us the public, and also not to let his fellow team members down. (WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE SHOW)
I for one think he’s now made his point and people should give the guy a break, instead of using the things they've read in a newspaper as an excuse to knock him. I also think the show wouldn’t have been, half as good or funny without him. And I for one am not scared to admit that my opinion of him has totally changed in view of what I seen over the past couple of weeks.

Have any of the Paul bashers actually read the book, which they’re using as an excuse to hate the guy’s guts?

Jase
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2004, 07:09 AM
Burrel is born to stay in the media.
08-12-2004, 08:16 AM
I couldn't agree more. He was certainly my favourite.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Well said Jase! I couldn't have put it better myself (honestly I couldn't have!, I just get so angry at those who don't give Paul any praise at all for anything).

There's no denying he did really really well - so yeh - give him a break guys!
I think even Janet may have changed her opinion of him! ....on the other hand she's one of these who have made their name by being spiteful and always being right!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
08-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Good post Jase. My sentiments exactly.
08-12-2004, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2004 08:58 AM by alienrabbit.)
Paul has got everything he deserved. he is a decent enough chap but he is a fool who has continued to bringmuch of his own misery upon himself. He has also found anew way to pay the bills that he keeps making bigger.
Granted its cool when the butler not the press secetary does the book......but why then, so soon, and did he give all but his expenses to The Di Trust? His wife was running the florists he could have kept that up.
I dislike him so much more.
There are m,any who can sell stories
An extreme are those who cared for the Bulger killers...they could name the price...how many keep didgnity and loyalty
Paul Burrel was wooed by the publicity he got and he married another 'mistress' on Dianas death the media. The media is not considerate its about getting the right story or program and thats the focus. All else is secondary. Enough bought the book he got a good post bag what more gdoes he want
errrrr
Try 50K and if they went a luxury holiday for the family.
Burrel is a pleaser, so be nice, thats cool but when will he stop whining.
He did a NO NO with the Dead Di money spinning career.
He did it as he is a pleaser that can not say No easily.
He will have guilt and torment about it for the rest of his life.
He knows
He betrayed his position as a trusted servant for both the dead and the living.
He will never ever get back the trust and respect of those from whom he really wants it...........
08-12-2004, 09:58 AM
I like him
08-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Critique Wrote:
I like him
Me too! He done well - just admit it you Paul Bashers!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
08-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Fair enough on the programme he was a bigger less pathetic drama queen than Natalie, so for entertainment value with the jsp banter it was fine entertainment. JSP saved him from being a smarmy know it all.
He came with a history and....sadly he affirmed that he is a first class creep, entertaining or not. His choice to be in the media spotlight means he has consented to everybit of hateful press he has to endure.
08-12-2004, 11:51 AM
A few years ago while I was earning 30 pounds a week as an YTS trainee.
I was the main witness to a robbery, which hit the newspaper headlines.
The next day when I went to work I found there were about 20 different reporters camped outside where I worked. So after spending half the day hiding out the back I was told that the only way the reporters would leave me alone was if I gave my story to one of them. I was then made an offer of 600 pounds for my exclusive interview by the top selling tabloid, which I agreed to. But I would only get the money if THEY decided to publish the story. A bit later on in the day another newspaper offered me 1200 pounds in cash for my story (40 x my weekly salary) and me being a naïve teenager seeing the pound signs was talked round even though I had explained to them I had already agreed a deal, after being told not to worry as it happens all time.
The next day the original tabloid reporters turned up again with a smile on faces (revenge time), asking me to respond to an allegation that I threatened and beat up and a disabled teenager 2 years my junior.

The concerned teenager was a kid who along with mates had been verbally (extremely strong language) abusing my mother a few months prior. As any normal person, I warned the person off a few days after the verbal abuse incident, and the beating up part was me knocking an empty crisp packet out of his hands.

The point I’m trying to make is some of these people who write for these newspaper do not care if they destroy people lives or if they bend the truth, by only telling one version of events, as long as they sell some papers.

The concerned reporters had been round every house in my street trying to find some dirt to spread.

And the reason the poor innocent teenager was disabled was because he was slightly deaf in one ear.

Jase

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paul Burrell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mafia_princess05 104 12,059 21-02-2005 11:32 AM
Last Post: kimmy
  Paul - you ARE the star! Eternity 93 7,524 11-12-2004 08:04 AM
Last Post: Isis
  Paul - Throwing toys out of his pram! ils 23 3,036 06-12-2004 09:11 PM
Last Post: Normal1
  I've changed my stance--- Paul is a bit pervy recently!! claire 115 8,353 06-12-2004 03:24 PM
Last Post: Flip
  I think Paul Burrel is great! claire 91 37,375 06-12-2004 02:04 PM
Last Post: christine
  What was it between Fran and Paul yesterday? MariaRob 4 1,318 06-12-2004 01:09 PM
Last Post: Critique
  Paul's trial!!! -xena- 40 4,257 05-12-2004 06:17 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Paul (aka) Buzzz Light Year Cat 19 2,559 03-12-2004 03:46 PM
Last Post: Buzz
  Paul is a FRAUD Knotty 13 2,526 02-12-2004 06:04 PM
Last Post: claire
  Fill me in--- WHAT DID PAUL BURREL ACTUALLY DO WRONG RE Princess Diana? claire 25 3,223 02-12-2004 05:20 PM
Last Post: bridge