Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People who don't read books
30-06-2005, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2005 02:42 PM by isleofweather.)

Tim Henman is one as is Lee Westwood the golfer. Have you heard of any others?

I find it very hard to like anyoone who says they don't or have never read a book - how do you feel about it?

What others think and say about you is none of your business. :ohmy:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2005, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2005 02:44 PM by Bella.)
isleofweather Wrote:I Tim Henman is one as is Lee Westwood the golfer. Have you heard of any others?

I find it very hard to like anyoone who says they don't or have never read a book - how do you feel about it?

My husband doesn't read books except study books, but I don't think that is a reason for not liking anyone! :shocking: He isn't by any manner of means thick or stupid. Why would you find it hard to like anyone?

btw - your first sentence doesn't make sense!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
30-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Bella Wrote:My husband doesn't read books expect study books, but I don't think that is a reason for not liking anyone! :shocking: He isn't many any manner of means thick or stupid. Why would you find it hard to like anyone?

btw - your first sentence doesn't make sense!

btw -neither does yours :w00t:

30-06-2005, 02:42 PM
My husband has never read a book in his life. He will ocasionally read a car magazine or other hobby types - but he has never picked up a book.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
30-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Bonsai Wrote:My husband has never read a book in his life. He will ocasionally read a car magazine or other hobby types - but he has never picked up a book.

That is awful, why not - think of what he has missed out on?

30-06-2005, 02:43 PM
isleofweather Wrote:btw -neither does yours :w00t:

Does now! :w00t:

30-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Bella Wrote:Does now! :w00t:

as does my one :blink:

30-06-2005, 02:46 PM
This really does annoy me. Especially some of the girls on my floor, in particular the one studying English Lit. They are training to be teachers but the only book they pick up is one they have to to pass an assignment. I think I surprised a few people by a. using the book shelf in my room and b. having read all the books on my bookshelf.

How can you think and learn if you do not read?

I think quite a bit has to do with your early experiences. I used to be read to every night, we would go and pick books from the library on a saturday and they always had great competitions and things going on. My parents enjoy books and I think that passion was given to me. I am dyslexic so I surprised the educational psychologist when I told him I had read Jane Eyre when I was eleven. I had read the comic strip first and wanted to read the real thing. My headteacher gave the four of us who were going to the secondary school a book token each and thats what I bought. I went through a real bronte phase. My dad asked one day where I wanted to go for the day and I just said Haworth Parsonage. Mum rolled her eyes, but dad just opened the car door and we drove the two hours so I could see the place they had lived.

I have to say though, I often read easier books now. But normally they are about real people. There are so many great stories out there that have actually happened.

"the difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toys"
Find all posts by this user
30-06-2005, 02:53 PM
isleofweather Wrote:as does my one :blink:

Well, for someone who has a dislike for people who can't read, don't you know that a sentence begins with a capital letter and ends in a full stop.

Becks, I know what you mean and yes it does annoy me sometimes that Mr B hasn't read things like Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, The Hobbit, or Charlotte's Web as a child. He has an higher in English but says he can't remember what book he studied for it. He will read reference books and he does have a mind of information, but the slightest bit interested in reading books for enjoyment.

30-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Bella Wrote:Well, for someone who has a dislike for people who can't read, don't you know that a sentence begins with a capital letter and ends in a full stop.

Ahh someone who got that Eats Shoots and Leaves for Christmas I see.. :book:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why don't people READ anymore? The Curmudgeon 40 4,058 04-06-2008 05:51 PM
Last Post: Creme Doughnut
  When people don't like you... Dolores 50 3,692 13-06-2007 09:27 AM
Last Post: Isis
  Do we ever realise why people don't like us? Dolores 35 3,074 22-06-2006 10:26 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  GMTV on Overweight People Bella 13 3,125 13-11-2004 10:18 AM
Last Post: Groucho