Arsenal play at home;
The Reds gather together
etc

Vote here now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Periods...What age did you start...
I was 12..started exaclty a month after being on a foreign holiday to Majorca. Text books say a holiday can trigger it off.
21-05-2005, 08:14 PM
i was about 12 and a half. Can't remember anything spectacular or memorable about it at all! But that's just my bad memory not that it wasn't memorable cos I'm sure it was!

I'm quite flabbergasted at some of you ladies starting at 9. I think I wuold have been very afraid! Were you more mature or bigger than your friends?

My niece (not Max's daughter!) started when she was 10 which I thought was very young to have to cope with all that comes with periods.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
21-05-2005, 08:18 PM
I was 11....my Mum had told me all about periods, but I had not expected to start them so early. I remember feeling itchy "down there", putting my hand down and finding this sort of rusty coloured stuff on it...I remember thinking I must have pooed myself! :laugh:

Eventually though it dawned on me what had happened, and I told my Mum. My Aunt was there at the time, and my Mum sent her out to buy some towels. Now you have to bear in mind that my Mum is 41 years older than me....when my Aunt came back, she produced (as instructed) those horrible old Dr White's towels with the belt!! :sick:

I remember begging my Mum to let me have some Kotex press on towels....but it was years before I plucked up the courage to use tampons.
21-05-2005, 08:22 PM
My mum was on holiday so I nicked tampax from her bedroom.

I can still remember the :shocking: effect, but I always used them from then on.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
21-05-2005, 08:23 PM
The first time I used a tampax i spent 20mins trying to unroll it so it would fit in my knickers :bag:
21-05-2005, 08:24 PM
I couldn't use tampons because my bits were too small - I had to go to the doctor and have them stretched to accommodate them! It was very painful, but definitely worth it.
21-05-2005, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2005 08:30 PM by Fee For All.)
Buzz Wrote:The first time I used a tampax i spent 20mins trying to unroll it so it would fit in my knickers :bag:

My mother came home once to find all the kids in our street playing cowboys and indians on our lawn with the contents of her 'special drawer'. The baddies had masks made from Dr Whites looped over each ear and the goodies were firing tampax out of the tubes at them:w00t:

(I was a lot younger then I hasten to add)

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
21-05-2005, 08:30 PM
I remember when Ben Elton did a skit on press on towels, saying he used to think they worked on some kind of suction system, he didn't realise you meant press them on your knickers - and my then BF didn't get the joke.

Since then I have done a straw poll and it transpires, worryingly, that MOST men think they are a suction arrangement. :ohmy:
21-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Fee For All Wrote:My mother came home once to find all the kids in our street playing cowboys and indians on our lawn with the contents of her 'special drawer'. The baddies had masks made from Dr Whites looped over each ear and the goodies were firing tampax out of the tubes at them:w00t:

(I was a lot younger then I hasten to add)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which Age to Start Formal Schooling? gatubela 5 634 14-06-2006 09:02 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  have heavy periods do you? Shame. survivorfan 20 2,032 08-09-2005 04:55 PM
Last Post: Bella
  When you start a thread..... Dolores 32 2,165 27-08-2005 04:01 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Periods..... Flip 47 3,319 22-05-2005 07:49 PM
Last Post: Flip