Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Shoppers.......
01-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Personal Shoppers.......

or Fashion Advisors!

I booked myself in to see a Fashion Advisor on Saturday at John Lewis. My best friend is getting married at a very exclusive joint in Edinburgh in 6 weeks and I so needed to get the right outfit. With my busy lifestyle of changing nappies, picking all the crap of the day of the floor, doing to school, ballet, swimming etc drop-off/pick-up etc, etc, etc, I just couldn't find the time to go shopping to look for that rigth outfit.

It is the best thing I have ever done and would recommend it to anyone! The appointment is free, you don't pay for it and you are under absolutely no obligation to buy.

The first outfit I tried on was the ultimate winner for me and was something that I would never in a million years would have chosen. It was a bustier top in a sort of midnight blue colour - I have never in my life worn one of those as I like my shoulders to be covered, and had assumed that I didn't have an ample enough bosum to support one of these bustiers! However I was advised by the lovely Kirsty that these tops were in fact designed for the smaller breasted woman (Voice and Flip, bag yourselves a bustier!) and most definitely not for the bigger ones, even though it is the bigger breasted women that seem to wear them! I got the most gorgeous pair of trousers to wear with it, and even though I say so myself the outfit was absolutely stunning.......shame about me! :shock:

Kirsty did me bring a sort of feathe boa type thingy to wear with it as cover up and it did complete the outfit but at £55 for what really was a scarf, I just couldn't justify it! So I plumped for a cheaper sort of pashmina type of shawl, which really means I don't need to bother with a jacket, just put the pashmina over with a really stunning brooch that I hope to make at my evening class.

I did try other outfits on and some of them were also really rather nice, but none of them compared to the first one.

I cannot wait until the wedding to "dress-up" and it is something completely different to my usual style. If I needed to purchase something special again I would definitely use a fashion advisor!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Personal Shoppers.......
My friend did this a while back in Debenhams I think it was, and she was the same as you Bella, she thought it was great.

She also ended up with an outfit that she wouldn't normally try on, but she loved it.Smile
01-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Personal Shoppers.......
After your recommendation, if ever I have to get a special outfit, I will try out a fashion adviser, they sound great, Bella [Image: biggrin.gif]

Your outfit sounds fabulous [Image: party05.gif] - you will have to post a piccie in the photo forum for us all to see [Image: biggrin.gif]
01-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Personal Shoppers.......
Oh, I don't know if I am that brave ILS!! :eek:

The other good thing about it, is that she also helped me find the right bra to wear with it, which really did take quite a bit of time but well worth it. Again the bra was not my usual size, so if I had just bought it off the shelf it would have looked completey wrong with the outfit.

Plus it was nice having some "me" attention! Big Grin

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
01-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Personal Shoppers.......
Bella Wrote:Oh, I don't know if I am that brave ILS!! :eek:

Oh go on be a devil [Image: biggrin.gif]

You are going to look a million dollars in your new outfit, so you have post a pic Big Grin
01-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Personal Shoppers.......
Oh Bella that outfit sounds gorgeous. Please please post a pic I really want to see it.

I have often thought about doing the personal shopper thing but never had a good enough reason to book an appointment. Sounds great though Smile
01-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Personal Shoppers.......
Voice of reason Wrote:I have often thought about doing the personal shopper thing but never had a good enough reason to book an appointment.

I haven't either Voice, but when miss ils graduates in 3 years time or the eldest master ils gets married :eek: I just might give it ago! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What do you admit to being your personal bad habit? tonee 62 2,389 18-10-2005 01:55 PM
Last Post: msgirl