Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pete: Angel in disguise or wolf in sheeps clothing?
18-08-2006, 03:16 PM

There is something I really don't like about Pete Bennett. On the surface he seems like a gentle, kindly innocent. But underneath, I'm starting to think he is actually very two-faced and manipulative. He's also a bit of a stirrer.

He is very good at criticising others in a way which makes them look bad, but also makes it look like he isn't having a "go". Last night was a good example: he managed to convey his displeasure at Aisleyene's speech without actually saying anything. Then, having made sure fellow housemates picked up on his 'disappointment', he then lets them do his dirty work by slagging off Ash. As usual he created two sides - and made both of them look bad while he (as instigator) sits back as an innocent party. Then later, when Ash tried to apologise, he managed to convey the fact that he was still bothered without actually saying anything specific, and he didn't actually accept the apology.

However, later on he then sneaks into the diary room and states that although Ashleyne's speech was "rubbish", and Nikki holds her responsible for it, he doesn't! Therefore making himself look like a really nice chap. He fails however to tell Ashleyne this, so she continues to feel guilty. Furthermore he whispers so that Nikki can't hear him, so she continues to rant on about Ashleyne unaware that apparently Pete doesn't think Ash is to blame.

This is not the first time he has done this sort of thing. Loads of arguments have centred around him: he's the reason Ash and Lea argued. And Lea and Lisa. And Ash and Jennie. And lets not forgot the "wine" episode. Pete nicked the wine, Mikey got angry about it and blamed Jennie and a furious row erupted which made both Mikey and Jen look shabby. But, Jennie hadn't stolen the wine. Pete had. He knew that, but he stood back and watched Jennie take the blame. He even seemed to be enjoying the furore judging by the smirk on his face at the time.

He's so clever like this. Of course the HM's are responsible for their own actions - Pete didn't force anyone to argue about him, neither did he force the HM's to slag off Aisleyne yesterday. But I hate the way he plays such a central role in the drama, yet always manages to come up smelling of roses.

I used to think it was because he was spineless, and that may be the reason why he lets other people confront his issues for him, but I'm increasingly starting to think that there is an element of manipulation in it, and that Pete is very aware that whilst others arguing and he is not, that those others look bad whilst he looks good.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Excellent points Figaro - I do think that if Pete did not have his Tourettes disability, he would have been treated differently by the HM's but I do think that because of this he has been treated with kid gloves and nobody has a bad word to say about Pete.

He has treated the female members of the house rather shabbily - he has been very affectionate and close to five of them, each time claiming that he loves them, ok he did state that he loved Lea in a different way but there was still a declaration of love there.

Let's take Mikey, everyone jumped on him because he was flirty with Imogen when Grace left but nothing appears to have said about Pete and the way he flirted, dumped and played the women off each other. I do think that secretly he loves the attention he is getting and is loving the fact that he lits the match and then calmy walks aways as the explosion begins with the other housemates around him.

I think he is playing a very clever game but nobody in the house will dare admit it for fear of them looking bad by dissing someone with a disability - the last week when he has gone about his vision, his dead mate and his belief in God and more importantly his dumping of Jennie to kiss & cuddle with Nikki and then not sticking up for Aisleyene has shattered any illusion of mine that Pete should become the winner.

In a way I do hope that it is him & Aisleyene who will be the final two as he will be so certain that he is the winner and so will everyone else and then I would love it if Aisleyne's name is announced as the winner - Pete will be crestfallen and beg God for forgivness and Nikki will just screech!

VOTE AISLEYNE!

I am out tonight so will miss the final so can't wait to read all about it tomorrow!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2006, 03:52 PM
I think everything you say is spot on Figaro and Bella.

Pete has played a very canny game. When Nikki first came on to him, he didnt want to know, that was obvious. He fended her off for nearly all of the 58 days and practically ignored her for her final three days, then - all of a sudden - he is bereft at her eviction.

On her return, you could almost see him rubbing his hands together and thanking Endemol for putting her back in during the final week. It ensured that he only had five days to put up with her and so he went for it. Suddenly he wasnt fending her off anymore, as the time was now right for a bit of BB romance and hopefully rake in those extra votes.

One of the things Pete has done over the 90 odd days has been to give out all the wrong signals to the women in the house. He flatters them, tells them they are lovely and has spun the same line to at least two - telling Jenny AND Nikki, that they are "adorable" "cute" "like a kitten or puppy I want to stroke and hold" ........ then he acts all amazed and shocked when they declare their romantic intentions !

I wondered, at first, whether Lea and Lisa were bunny boilers, but began to realise that - hang on - surely Lea, Lisa, Nikki AND Jennie couldnt all be mistaken? I think Pete used the fact that he is attractive (though I dont think so) so that they wouldnt nominate him.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
18-08-2006, 06:03 PM
or.........

you are all talking utter rot and he is a nice normal chap and you would rather he was not, as you don't like him.

(IOW wipes the dust from his eyes as the big bad bandwagon shoots past and into the sunset)

**I heart Northern Soul**
18-08-2006, 08:55 PM
IsLe Of WeAtHeR Wrote:or.........

you are all talking utter rot and he is a nice normal chap and you would rather he was not, as you don't like him.

(IOW wipes the dust from his eyes as the big bad bandwagon shoots past and into the sunset)

That's an opinion and you are entitled to have it. You might even be right. Its hard to tell because you haven't actually back up your opinion with any facts.

The people in this thread who have the opposing opinion have given reasons why they don't think Pete is such a "nice normal chap". You obviously think differently, but haven't actually refuted anything that has been said.

So, what exactly is incorrect about what has been said in this thread prior to you last post?
Find all posts by this user
19-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Figaro Wrote:That's an opinion and you are entitled to have it. You might even be right. Its hard to tell because you haven't actually back up your opinion with any facts.

The people in this thread who have the opposing opinion have given reasons why they don't think Pete is such a "nice normal chap". You obviously think differently, but haven't actually refuted anything that has been said.

So, what exactly is incorrect about what has been said in this thread prior to you last post?

or, I adhere to the conversational aspect of forums and avoid long diatribes that have the tendency to send folks to..Sleepy

**I heart Northern Soul**

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pete - growing weary of him borneobabe 45 4,804 08-08-2006 10:46 AM
Last Post: floopy
  From the Endemol point of view...is Pete a contender to win. borneobabe 2 856 22-06-2006 12:08 AM
Last Post: Critique
  Pete maxine 32 3,624 20-06-2006 04:43 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Grace- makes Adele look like an angel. borneobabe 7 1,393 14-06-2006 12:41 PM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Pete..without the Tourettes would he be the obvious winner? borneobabe 5 1,115 10-06-2006 03:01 PM
Last Post: Dolores
  Pete - Tourettes Bonsai 16 2,428 19-05-2006 09:45 PM
Last Post: Dolores