Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phone Masts
21-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Phone Masts

I want to rant so bad it's killing me. We live across the road from green belt land and the guy who owns the land is driving us crazy. There is a petrol garage on the land and another development that we can live with. He is a constant law breaker as he has a motor cross going on that is illegal. He has portacabins which have no planning permission but because of a loophole he is now allowed to keep them. There are also two phone masts. A third was proposed a few years ago, but was refused.

The other day my daughter pointed out a third phone mast that had been erected that day. It is 25m high! I immediately got on the phone to our local councillor (Conservative) who knew nothing about this and was furious. She has had dealings with this guy as a few weeks ago he sent his cronies out with letters to all the residents asking them to sign to allow development on the green belt that he owns. None of us signed. So this phone mast has been erected and not she, neither the planning department knew anything about it.

Now here is yet another reason why the Labour Government IMO should never have reached power. Are you aware that there is a clause now in mobile phone mast agreements with the Government that a mobile phone company can erect a mast temporarily for six months anywhere that they wish on an emergency basis? They don't have to inform any residents. And they don't have to inform the local government until the phone mast is already up and running. And did you know you can't do a thing about it? And guess what? The Labour Government received a large sum of money from the phone companies for this privilege. So stuff the Labour Government and their crooked ways. I am mad. :ranting:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Phone Masts
OH that is so poxy.I don't blame you for being very very mad.
I can't imagine any politician would be willing to live so near a big phone mast.
Isn't there anything that can be done???
grrr

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
Find all posts by this user
21-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Phone Masts
They should make them in the shape of big crosses and put them on top of churches
Thus providing a welcome income to the church

[b][i]Life is not that long [Image: 36_1_12.gif]
[/b][/i]
25-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Phone Masts
Cockney Wrote:They should make them in the shape of big crosses and put them on top of churches
Thus providing a welcome income to the church

I love that, neat idea. :laugh: but serious, it is not funny about the masts and i can see why you are so enraged, it's not on. Bloody goverment

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Phone Masts - are you concerned? Haydon_acc2 6 887 25-04-2007 05:43 AM
Last Post: Slipper