Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plane tickets
20-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Plane tickets

We got our plane tickets through this morning, and as Mr tiggs so patiently (not!) pointed out to me, I had given the travel agents the wrong name. Jamie's real name is James so is called James on his passport. I had told the travel agents his name is Jamie, so therefore the tickets come through with the name Jamie on them. I had completely forgot all about the name on the tickets matching the name on the passport. :wallbash: I have just contacted the travel agent and she is not sure what will happen.

Oh boy, I'm in trouble. :bag:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Plane tickets
Oooops!

I hope they can sort it out for you Tiggs without too much cost!
20-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Plane tickets
ilovesurvivor Wrote:Oooops!

I hope they can sort it out for you Tiggs without too much cost!

Will they charge you for changing the name :mellow:

I have to be careful sometimes. Im ALWAYS called Nikki and always have been, and i have been known on important documents to call myself Nikki instead of my christened name.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
20-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Plane tickets
Oh tiggs I hope you can get it sorted!!

A similar thing happend to my sister. She is called Sheryl with an "s" (same as Miss PJ funnily enough) but when she was going to Paris last year they put Cheryl with a "c" on her ticket.
They tried to charge her £40 or something (it might have been more - cannae remember) to change it but since it wasn't her fault she got away with no charge.
Since you've admitted it was your fault, I'm not sure if you'll be able to change the name without charge (although you probably will now that I've said this) - I just hope it ain't too expensive!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
20-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Plane tickets
I hope they can sort it out without costing you anything Tiggs. Mr B's Sunday name is Geoffrey (which he hates) and is always called Geoff. His passport states Geoffrey but any tickets we have had for flying have always been Geoff and we haven't been questioned yet, but I suppose with James & Jamie, it is a bit different as it isn't so easily recognisible as being a shortened name and if there is anyway the Travel Agents can get extra pennies from you, then they will do it!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
20-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Plane tickets
Does the fact that they are electronic tickets change anything?

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
20-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Plane tickets
Tiggs, I am no expert - but - I reckon that the Travel Agents fall foul of this cock up.

If you had booked online then I would imagine it was all down to you, but if you did it in person with the travel agent or even over the phone - they should have made 100% sure that the names you gave were the names on the passports. [or at least made you aware of the Terms and Conditions or Booking conditions of the airline]

I would suggest contacting them and pointing out their mistake!!

They don't need to know you are a seasoned traveller or that you are adept at booking airline tickets. If you have to pay - check out your travel insurance, and if all else fails you always have ABTA to resort to - if the agents are members of this organisation.

I am another who was christened a different name to the one I go by - Susun [Christened], Suzi on ALL documentation [I think]!! It does cause problems I know - and sorry to hear about this one!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

20-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Plane tickets
It was my friend, who is a travel agent, who booked the tickets for us. And she only knows Jamie as Jamie. I will probably go speak to her later tonight, but I do hate to bother her at the moment, as her mum is so unwell. But I do need to get this sorted out.

20-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Plane tickets
tigger767 Wrote:It was my friend, who is a travel agent, who booked the tickets for us. And she only knows Jamie as Jamie.
So did she just put down "Jamie" without any input from you? If so then I don't think it is your fault at all.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
21-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Plane tickets
Just got a phone call from the travel agents and they have said they contacted the airlines and they can't change the tickets because they have been issued. But.............. because Jamie is so similar to James and he is only a little boy, it will be noted on the computer and everything will be fine when we check in. Smile No charges or anything! Yes! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Parking Tickets Critique 5 654 04-08-2006 09:10 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Parking Tickets - Legal Advice Please! Patsy 12 1,263 07-06-2005 10:10 PM
Last Post: Groucho