Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planet Earth
26-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Planet Earth

Anyone else been watching this? I think it's absolutely spell-binding. Can't get enough. Attenbourgh is a true legend :good:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Planet Earth
PJ Wrote:Anyone else been watching this? I think it's absolutely spell-binding. Can't get enough. Attenbourgh is a true legend :good:

There are no words to describe how brilliant this programme is.

David Attenborough is a GOD!!!!!!! and he is eighty this year, believe it or not.:ohmy:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
27-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Planet Earth
THE best programme on tv at the moment.
Find all posts by this user
27-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Planet Earth
The dedication, time and self sacrifice that the cameramen make to get just one shot lasting a couple of seconds is astounding. This is not about making a fast buck (like the rest of the tripe on TV), this is about making the most beautiful TV in the world. We always were the best for this type of documentary aka Attenborough - long may we keep that standard going. :thumbsup:

Sadly though, a lot of the images we are seeing will be extinct very soon. :sad:
27-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Planet Earth
La Freak Wrote:The dedication, time and self sacrifice that the cameramen make to get just one shot lasting a couple of seconds is astounding. This is not about making a fast buck (like the rest of the tripe on TV), this is about making the most beautiful TV in the world. We always were the best for this type of documentary aka Attenborough - long may we keep that standard going. :thumbsup:

Sadly though, a lot of the images we are seeing will be extinct very soon. :sad:

great post La Freak :thumbsup:

I was absolutely fascinated by the Birds of Paradise last night - I've never seen anything quite like it.

Not keen on the insecty bits though? :ohmy:

that great white shark sequence was truly chilling - I loved the bit at the end when they explained the set up of the shot.
27-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Planet Earth
Dolores Wrote:I loved the bit at the end when they explained the set up of the shot.

I love this bit too Dol and as La Freak says these guys......and girls are dedicated completely to what they do. I mean that guy who was in the rain forest waiting to the Bird of paradise, how many hours was he there for? And as you say Dol, it was well worth the wait - amazing!! My girls didn't know what to think of it and found it highly amusing but Katie especially just loves this programme.

I have bought Mr B the Planet Earth book for his Christmas.

I haven't seen this weeks one but will watch during the week on Teleport but Sir David is one in a million isn't he?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
29-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Planet Earth
It's what telly should be if life was fair.....

and ooh bella - good idea - urk would LOVE it for christmas too. Fanks..

bam bam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What the heck have they done to "Down To Earth??" Woodstock 10 1,279 28-02-2005 09:25 AM
Last Post: Bonsai