Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing It Straight
09-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Playing It Straight

Well this programme is nearly over and I so wished Id opened a thread earlier.

There are three guys left. I reckon Zoe has the hots for extremely heterosexual Ben (all square jawed and masculine), I reckon she will pick him and he will turn out to be gay. He is just TOO masculine... if you see what I mean.

For anyone who has never watched this programme, you wont have a clue what Im on about lol ...... Huh

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Playing It Straight
Pan me and Nox are watching this and we both know who is gay out of the final three (could be more than one) he's a former Mr gay UK and I'm so mad at him! Once you know he is gay, you look at him in a completely different light becasue he is such a slime ball liar!
I thought Alex was lovely and such a waste of a fit bloke cos I wouldn't say no.
I think Danny B is pretty hottttt
Isn't Zoe gorgeous and so confident, I can't believe she is only 21.
What about the camp singing man then! :laugh:
I wouldn't be able to keep a straigh face if he was sat at the end of my bed.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
09-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Playing It Straight
Have only caught bits of it but was shocked that Raphael was straight.

You do have to wonder what they will come up with next for reality tv.
Find all posts by this user
09-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Playing It Straight
Bob Wrote:Pan me and Nox are watching this and we both know who is gay out of the final three (could be more than one) he's a former Mr gay UK and I'm so mad at him! Once you know he is gay, you look at him in a completely different light becasue he is such a slime ball liar!
I thought Alex was lovely and such a waste of a fit bloke cos I wouldn't say no.
I think Danny B is pretty hottttt
Isn't Zoe gorgeous and so confident, I can't believe she is only 21.
What about the camp singing man then! :laugh:
I wouldn't be able to keep a straigh face if he was sat at the end of my bed.

Blimey !!!!!!!!! I bet its Ben then !!!!!

Alex was soooooooo fit wasnt he, and he had me fooled. Danny B is pretty damn gorgeous too.

Zoe is indeed absolutely lovely looking and very mature in her attitude. She reminds me, facially, a little of Suzanne Dando.

As for the bloody Sarpong woman presenting it, GET HER OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!! She is crapola.
I love the singing, camp mans bling bling white teeth LOL...

10-05-2005, 06:45 AM
Playing It Straight
I've caught this a couple of times by accident......Ben is hot isn't he! :wub:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
13-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Playing It Straight
It's the final tonight. :pimp:
Did anyone else think it was odd that Ben told Zoe, if he won the money he'd give her half? The only way he would win all the money is if she picked him and he is gay, if he's straight, he gets half anyway.
But if he is gay then he's been lying to her. Would you trust a liar? :ninja:

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
14-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Playing It Straight
Bob Wrote:It's the final tonight. :pimp:
Did anyone else think it was odd that Ben told Zoe, if he won the money he'd give her half? The only way he would win all the money is if she picked him and he is gay, if he's straight, he gets half anyway.
But if he is gay then he's been lying to her. Would you trust a liar? :ninja:

Oooh I sussed that it was Ben. I thought the ending was quite dramatic though, with Zoe saying in a tearful, tight voice, "its cool, its fine, its all ok" in a voice and displaying body language that was saying it was anything BUT!

Ben was a true gentleman at the end. Unlike the snidey Danny, who played a nasty trick on Zoe by saying "Im gay" then as she grinned in delight at the thought of having won, cruelly said, "actually Im lying Im straight"... Her face dropped and she spluttered, "then why did you sayy...." at that point the rude git turned on his heel and walked off.
She was right to listen to that little voice in her head, he may have been straight, he may have been gorgeous but his personality stank....

Good show, I enjoyed it - apart from bloody June Sarpong....:mad2:

14-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Playing It Straight
Wow, the final had everything - I loved it.

My heart really went out to Zoe at the end, her pain and frustration was quite agonising to watch. She's clearly a very intelligent, mature but sensitive lady and you could see she felt totally wretched and let down. (I was almost in tears too)

At one point I thought all three of the finalists were gay. Obviously knew Ben was, but was certain in my mind that Danny was too - not so sure about Marco. I was surprised when Danny turned out to be straight, but not as surprised as Zoe as the reality dawned on her that the gay one was the person she'd picked.

I have to say Ben was good to his word and he really did seem cut up and filled guilt-ridden about his deception. It was a nice touch that he offered her all of the money and in a game where fairness never really played a part, I thought the end result of splitting it 50/50 was fair.

It was funny as the troubadour began to pluck the chords and Zoe said oh God not him again. I think she'd had more than enough by that time! But good to see Ben and Zoe hugging one another at the end.

I know this series was trashy beyond belief, but it was interesting to see how Zoe and the contestants dealt with deceit and the emotions that causes.
14-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Playing It Straight
Got to hand it to Ben for carrying it off, but he clearly wasn't proud of himself at the end and I felt sorry for Zoe being tricked so much. Ben was Mr. Gay UK 1998 - wondered if any ofthe other gay guys might have recognised him from that - guess not.

Danny didn't even give Zoe a hug when he left.... definitely something odd about him.

Marco straight? So funny after all his accidental comments about Lee being straight (huh?) and when he said "Zoe can tell I'm not the straight guy....um, errr, I mean that I AM the straight guy......oops, freudian slip"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Queer Eye for the Straight Guy Cat 2 643 19-03-2005 10:29 PM
Last Post: Fee For All