Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please tell us some Christmas party stories!!!
14-12-2004, 05:05 PM

Ok - this time of the year we all get together either with friends or work colleagues for the Christmas Party... everybody has a little too much to drink, and things often go a bit pear shaped! :wacko:

Please tell us some funny and embarrassing stories of what you have done before or hope not to do this year. Is this years party going to bring back any rather cringe worthy memories for anybody??? :oops:

I - of course will be on my very best behaviour at my husbands work do next Monday!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2004, 05:40 PM
I'll tell if you tell, Claire! :laugh:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2004, 08:23 PM
I have no Christmas party stories, but Im very scared of this one coming up.. I don't drink much anymore, so when I do- I really cant handle it!

:unsure: Im terribly scared Im going to talk non-stop rubbish to everybody and make my husband very embarrassed!! I do know his work colleagues, however I haven't gone out with most of them before. Last Christmas I was about to pop (baby was due 24 Dec) so we didn't go.

I will try to be a very good girl! :bye:
Find all posts by this user
14-12-2004, 09:47 PM
I went out with my "ladies circle" group last week for our Xmas meal.
Well, had a few glasses of wine and started talking to this girl who is not in the circle (she can't abide the idea of it all) but she came along cause she has been to a few of our nights out.

the next day, I was just hoping my voice wasn't too loud when I was talking to her because my side of the conversation went like this........"I do like coming on these nights out because it's my escape from the kids, but do you know, half of the people here I wouldn't normally go out with":ninja:

My friend assured me that I didn't shout it out across the dining tableBlush
14-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Andrea Wrote:I went out with my "ladies circle" group last week for our Xmas meal.
Well, had a few glasses of wine and started talking to this girl who is not in the circle (she can't abide the idea of it all) but she came along cause she has been to a few of our nights out.

the next day, I was just hoping my voice wasn't too loud when I was talking to her because my side of the conversation went like this........"I do like coming on these nights out because it's my escape from the kids, but do you know, half of the people here I wouldn't normally go out with":ninja:

My friend assured me that I didn't shout it out across the dining tableBlush

LOL Andrea - that's the sort of thing, I would do after a couple of drinks :laugh:
15-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Lol thats a classic!! Smile

I can remember whe we were just married, we got a house on an estate where all the houses looked the same.

After a very late and boozy New Years party, we returned home, collapsed into the kitchen and were just taking our shoes off when a guy came out of the living room and informed us that we lived next door but one from him.

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
15-12-2004, 05:11 AM
Marmoset Wrote:Lol thats a classic!! Smile

I can remember whe we were just married, we got a house on an estate where all the houses looked the same.

After a very late and boozy New Years party, we returned home, collapsed into the kitchen and were just taking our shoes off when a guy came out of the living room and informed us that we lived next door but one from him.

M

Now that is a classic (r you u sure it was just your shoes?)

♪♪♪♪ If there´s a bustle in your hedgerow don’t be alarmed now. It´s just a spring clean for the May-Queen. Yes there two paths you can go by. But in the long run. There´s still time to change the road you´re on ♪♪♪♪ Smile :applause: ♪
17-12-2004, 03:28 PM
It wasnt a Christmas party, but i remember being taken to the Ritz once on a company outing.

The company was footing the bill, and the aim (i think) was to get drunk, but classily as we were in such an opulent place.

So we had a meal, and then went into the bar for cocktails. We worked our way down the list slowly but surely.

About an hour later i got the hiccups which wouldnt go. The head barman was so fed up with the noise i was making, that he got me to stand and shove my head between my legs - which didnt exactly look dignified. Thankfully I got the giggles, which got rid of the hiccups.

I then went to the loos, and washed my hands and lost my wedding ring down the sink - so the engineer had to come and close the loos and dismantle the sink to retrieve it Huh

I continued drinking until it was time to go. My boss ordered a cab, and i tried to walk steadily to the car, attempting to look posh and worthy of being in such an establishment.

Until that is the cab arrived. The doorman opened the door, and i was so busy thanking him i tripped down the curb and ended up in a pile on the floor !!! The embaressment was HUGE and it took two blokes to hoist me up by the armpits and get me in the cab, where the driver proceeded to tell us that if i threw up he would kick us out (the cheek of it).

It was embaressing but a good experience ... although i cant remember too much about the place :wacko:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
17-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Hahaha ...all done in the Best Possible Taste Bonnie! Smile
I hope you stomped and pouted for that engineer to come in true rockstar style!

I'm off to a Muso Christmas bash tonight, should be a cracker if the last ones are anything to go by..sex and drugs and rock n roll...(not that I will be partaking you understand)....oh, and a grand piano Smile

.....I'll get mi Margarita Pracatan outfit.

Watch this space!

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
17-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Both Marmy's and Bonnies - :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't have one - other than the scab eating incident with Mr F - that was a shift Xmas night out. It wasn't really that embarrassing cos everyone was so drunk!

Claire - as you didn't hear the original story - here it is in brief, disclaimer make sure you ar not eating right now!!!

We all went on a shift night out, and Mr F was very fond of eating his scabs - I know it is soooo gross. But anyway we were all v. drunk and one of the other lads had a vicious scab on his shin - which he dared Mr F to eat - and to cut a disgusting short story even shorter - he did - and then I married him!!! :sick:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 1,570 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,201 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,175 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Tired of Christmas yet? karenh 8 1,867 28-12-2008 10:45 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Merry Christmas Bonsai 8 1,849 27-12-2008 04:48 PM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Christmas Parties Slipper 18 3,101 12-12-2008 01:45 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  A Christmas wish for you all! ~ils~ 11 2,563 02-01-2008 07:23 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Christmas Rat Rob 1 1,254 11-12-2007 07:16 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Taffy...Party On It's Ya Birthday! Coastie 11 1,465 29-06-2007 04:52 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Record your first sighting of domestic Christmas decorations here! Dolores 58 4,047 27-05-2007 05:23 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze