Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politics - what turns you off ... what turns you on...
08-02-2005, 09:00 PM

So with the general elections coming up I thought I'd start a thread on politics!!!

yeh, yeh I know .... what am I doing in the "clever bit"!!!!

I have to say at general election time I take an avid interest in politics. I love all the intrigue and scandal and point scoring. The recent tory poster debacle has me glued to Newsnight (well that and Jeremy P :wub: ).

Since I work with local government, local politics leave me cold, esp as you get to realise what a bunch of tossers most elected members are .... I'm sure this extends to the bigger national stage .... but I find the human stories in any election campaign the most compelling.

I for one will be waiting for John Prescott to out-do his efforts of last time!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Oh Dol, I know what you mean about Local Government and the local jumped up little tossers that think they're something important...

But generally I hate politics, as nothing is right wing enough for me. The bunch we have all seem to be the same!
08-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Lying, snivelling, pompus, out of touch with reality, arrogant, hypocritical, egotistical, feckers........................the lot of em!

The sooner im in charge the better!!!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
08-02-2005, 09:24 PM
I always vote, otherwise I don't feel I have the right to complain afterwards.

I've been a life-long Labour voter but, tbh, the old cynic in me can't really see much difference between the big guns anymore.

I fear I may be turning into a Lib Dem!!! :shocking:

Bollox to potplants
08-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Im a lifelong Labour voter and there is NO WAY I am voting for Labour again......

I am quite torn at the moment, but UKIP is looking good.....

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
08-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Queeenie Wrote:The sooner im in charge the better!!!!

Queeenie
for
Prime Minister
:thumbsup:
08-02-2005, 09:30 PM
floopy Wrote:tbh, the old cynic in me can't really see much difference between the big guns anymore

Yes, this is my problem as well. I won't vote this time around as I'll not be living here, but if I were able to vote I'd be struggling as to which box to cross.
08-02-2005, 09:33 PM
The current Conservative Party ads are really annoying me though, the one about "How hard is it to keep a hospital clean?" especially.

Do they think we've forgotten who it was that ripped the guts out of the NHS in the first place? :wallbash:

Bollox to potplants
08-02-2005, 10:29 PM
I think all mp's are in it for themselves. They have no idea what goes on at grass roots and come up with all these ideas that have so much affect for the ordinary person, totally out of touch with reality.

I have voted labour previously, but as others have said, there isn't much difference between them and the tories now.
As for voting this time, I'll be voting lib dem, basically because labour has no chance of getting in, and I don't want the tories in.
What kind of voting system is that:wacko:

[Image: 429.gif]
09-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Well for the simple election promise of making prison sentences do what they say on the tin - ie life means 30 years [at least], 6 years means 6 years etc - I will be voting Conservative.

I am fed up with the LIES and baloney the Labour Party have spun us for the past however many years, I am sick of the double standards and hypocrisy they have shown us, I am sick of them saying they will do one thing and then do not keep their side of the bargain - I am really fed up with the railroading they just merrily continue to display.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Politics Groucho 27 3,888 12-05-2007 09:18 AM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Politics.... Dolores 24 2,499 10-01-2006 04:43 PM
Last Post: Northern angel