Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Carol
27-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Poor Carol

I see the nation has been rocked to its foundations by the news that Carol Vorderman is leaving Countdown

I'm glad she has decided to put the record straight by 'going public' about her outrageous treatment by Channel 4 and their demand that she takes a 90% pay cut.

This would put her on a mere £100,000 a year for putting some letters on a board and doing a couple of sums for twenty minutes a day (weekends off).

THe poor woman had offered to come down to £600,000 - she couldn't be fairer than that.

I wonder if we will now be seeing much more of her beauteous presence gracing our screens as the guest on other shows, or maybe there be a re-issue of her popular detox books?

The nation awaits.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Poor Carol
survivorfan Wrote:This would put her on a mere £100,000 a year for putting some letters on a board and doing a couple of sums for twenty minutes a day (weekends off).

Not even that.

I worked with the Countdown team whilst I was at Uni, and they film 5 shows a day for 3 days, and then have weeks and weeks off.

She literally works 3 days a month for that money.

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Poor Carol
I used to enjoy countdown when I was younger. Not really watched it since Richard Whiteley passed away.

Carol must have got the best value pay packet after Premier League footballers!

Susie Dent's the real star of the show anyway!

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user