Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posers in cool t-shirts..
01-10-2008, 09:45 PM

I don't know when it began actually, but one thing that pi**es The Curmudgeon off is when you see dead-eyed Heat magazine readers wearing cool t-shirts.

You know what I mean; some moron who thinks Pink is "rock" and that having a "played twice, bought for Wonderwall" copy of What's the Story Morning Glory makes them an "indie fan" - wearing a Rolling Stones t-shirt, fresh off the press but made to look "old and worn", straight from New Look. They couldn't tell you a Rolling Stones SONG, but what does that matter? It's "rock chic."

These people do NOT deserve to wear these clothes.

We don't steal THEIR fashions, do we? You don't see US wearing "Mikey from Big Brother" t-shirts, but because these... people, if we must call them that, have no real culture or identity of their own, they must steal from ours. Well, mine.

Bottom line - if you don't like the band (REALLY like the band), then don't wear the shirt.

Don't abuse children, or else they'll turn out like me.
http://www.thecurmudgeon.proboards88.com - The site to save your life.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Ok. You may not like the band. But if you like the t-shirt, why can't you wear it?

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
02-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Because you don't DESERVE to wear it. It's a statement saying you like the band, that you've invested time and money into the band. It's not Nike or Levis. You know, I saw a picture of Paris Hilton wearing a Stones t-shirt, and do you honestly think that creature is a fan of the band? Of course not. It's just another vile fashion statement that people like that try to pass off as having a personality.

Why, Mars - you're not guilty of this faux-pas, are you?

02-10-2008, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't be seen dead in a "Band" shirt anyway. I've never owned a band, or gig t-shirt except one - Reading 1983 - the best and last 'Proper' Reading ever

It's like when I rode my motorbikes. Those in leather 'biker' jackets who'd hop on a pushbike or the bus. With me it was protective clothing and not a fashion statement.

(As an aside, this thread could have been better had you stopped after the "rock chic" comment. The rest was all a bit of a ramble but a good try)

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh
Find all posts by this user
02-10-2008, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2008 03:03 PM by Mars.)
I'm with Slip on this one, can't stand band t-shirts myself, even with bands I love and adore. I just think it's a bit 'showy-offy' with some people, I like this band and you don't.

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
02-10-2008, 06:46 PM
My Ada Sari shirt is looking a bit threadbare these days :mellow:

Would love to stop and chat about this topic but I'm off to choose the next pattern for my lawn....

Space reserved for interesting fact.
10-10-2008, 09:53 AM
How can you tell someones taste in music just by looking at them? How do you know that Paris Hilton doesn't like the Rolling Stones? Someones appearance doesn't necessarily reflect their music taste.

I loved The Clash and the Ramones and more lately Green Day (although they're more "pop punk" than "punk rock") , but I was never a punk rocker. I loved Siouxsie & the Banshees and Sisters of Mercy, but I was never a goth. I loved bands like The Jam and was really into Northern soul music, but I was never a mod.

I still like all that music now, among other things, and you couldn't tell by looking at me.

I've never worn a "band T-shirt", but only because I've got big t!ts (pictures and slogans across the chest tend to draw attention to them). But if I saw someone else wearing one I wouldn't assume that they had no interest in the band because they looked like they might watch Big Brother.

Curmy, you need to chill out a little bit. Life is better when you don't waste time getting p!.ssed off about stuff that doesn't matter. Leave each to their own.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
10-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Puts a whole new slant on the term 'fashion police'

Life. Get one. :pimp:

Bollox to potplants
10-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Yeah, coming from YOU "Floopy", I find that pretty rich.

It's called having an opinion on something. It's called a discussion forum for a reason - discussing things. I'm sorry, if its not threads on Big Brother are you people lost or something?

10-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Darling I've been having opinions on message boards since before you lost sight of your dick. Turning up at the end of a fantastic party, when everyone else has been partying all night and is ready to go home, then ordering them all to start dancing because you want to have good time isn't really much of a plan.

Some of us have to make and live with the consequences of life-changing decisions and opinions every day of the week, and come here for light relief.

It ain't your rules. One thing I've learnt from many years on internet forums is that no-one, no-one at all, gives a flying **** about your opinion, so you might as well loosen up and have a laugh. :good:

Bollox to potplants