Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prague
29-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Prague

I am going to Prague on a girly weekend with a few other girls from work to celebrate them reaching the ripe old age of 40!

I have never been to Prague before and have no idea of what to expect, so I wondered if any of you had been there before and could give me some tips, of what I should look out for and what to avoid!
Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Prague
I have never been to Prague but would love to go. The beer is cheap as is the food. One thing to watch out for is keep a close eye on your passport. My cousin's husband was there with friends a couple of years ago and his passport went "missing" from the hotel. The hotels insist on keeping your passport but there are some hotels who then pass on the British passports to the black market to assist illegal immigration. He had to go to the British Embassy (and spent ages getting a replacement, just to get him home, he had to apply for a new one on return) who were aware of what was happening but couldn't prove anything, apart from that though he said he had a fantastic and Prague was a beautiful City.

Have fun and remember and take some photos to show us on your return. Smile

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Prague
Somewhere Mr P and I have always fancied going. Whenever I go abroad, I carry all I can in a bum bag. I never leave anything valuable in the room.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Find all posts by this user
29-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Prague
Go on a guided tour. The trouble with Prague is that there are loads of places you will totally miss if you just go round on your own. The tours are really interesting and well worthwhile.

Beer is cheap and the food is absolutely disgusting. :sick:

If you go to the Art Gallery, be prepared to be followed round by suspicious Commie type officials.

There is lots of dog poo everywhere.
29-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Prague
Ceridwen Wrote:the food is absolutely disgusting. :sick:

If you go to the Art Gallery, be prepared to be followed round by suspicious Commie type officials.

There is lots of dog poo everywhere.

It sounds lovely :sick:
29-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Prague
I know absolutely zilch about Prague, but I hope you have a fantastic time! Big Grin

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
29-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Prague
I have never been, but would love to...

One place I would not miss is the Alphonse Mucha museum

The travveling exhibition came to the art gallery I used to work at, and it was stunning!

http://www.mucha.cz/index.phtml?S=home&Lang=EN

Have fun

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
29-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Prague
I know it's of now help to you but....

I have heard Prague is fab!

Have a good time whatever you get up to!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
29-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Prague
Same here Coastie, absolutely no help to you Ils but on the travel shows all the time you hear Prague is brill.

Anywhere new is an adventure.
Have a great time, Ils :thumbsup:

[Image: 429.gif]
29-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Prague
All I know is via my Mum, who said it was stunning architechturally and the Churches were beautiful. Oh and it was freezing - but it was winter when she went.

And a couple who had a raunchy weekend there - we had their kids whilst they were away - they said if you travel to the edges of the city - that is where you find the very very best food and rock bottom prices.

Have fun.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]