Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pram help
29-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Pram help

Help I need to remove the seat from my pushchair but the straps are stopping me and I can't undo the straps as they are double stitched at the end look and won't go through the buckle. This is to stop the strap from coming out obviously when the babe is sat in it.
So what can do?! The instructions just say that it has a removable seat cover and that I can wash it in the machine.
There is probably a really simple way of doing this but my brain is mush and it's baffled me Huh

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Pram help
Have the straps been hand stitched - that thread looks a different colour. Or can it just lift off now? If it says its machine washable it must be.

Do you know what make it is, if so find a shop that sells that make and see if they can help you or phone up the manufacturers direct - they could possibly send you an instruction leaflet or at least tell you what to do.

I think you should set up a Prenatal Bobski thread so we can all offer advice and answer your questions.
29-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Pram help
Thanks Cat. No the stitching is well and truly done by a machine. I can't figure it out at all, but going to look at one in a shop is a good idea.
This is the one that I got from freecycle that stunk of fags and was covered in cat hairs. I do have the instruction book but it don't tell you how to remove the cover. Not sure how current the model is, been searching today online and not found it listed. A trip to mothercare is needed.
I should set up a prenatal thread lol! Starting with how to take a decent photo of my bump. I tried doing it through the mirror and it wasn't very sucessful

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
29-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Pram help
Bob Wrote:Starting with how to take a decent photo of my bump. I tried doing it through the mirror and it wasn't very sucessful

Set the timer on your camera you daft pillock.

Come on set up that thread and get it stuckied.
29-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Pram help
Cat Wrote:Set the timer on your camera you daft pillock.

Come on set up that thread and get it stuckied.

Idea good one, need to read the instructions, don't know how to do that!

30-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Pram help
If it's like the one my grandson had you just have to turn the buckle sideways and it feeds through the slot Smile (Maybe from the back)

That may be no use whatsoever but I'm sure that's how I did it, not unstitching the straps. Wink
31-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Pram help
Yeh Crit, I was the same with the kids car seats.
It says on the instructions that the buckle goes through but I had to be Uri Gellar to get the metal to go through.
Some heavy swearing going on when I had to wash those covers.

Oh I'm glad they are on booster seats now:w00t:

[Image: 429.gif]
31-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Pram help
I'll give this a try again at the weekend and if I can't I'll go into mothercare and ask how to do it

01-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Pram help
Bob does the buckle not come off with the strap (I mean, the strap stays on the buckle, and buckle comes off pram)?

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
Find all posts by this user
01-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Pram help
mikado Wrote:Bob does the buckle not come off with the strap (I mean, the strap stays on the buckle, and buckle comes off pram)?

NO because the strap goes through a gap in the seat, I need to feed the entire strap through this to get the seat off, the only way the buckle can come off is over the double stitched end. Silly design