Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pregnant Ladies
03-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Pregnant Ladies

I have been threatening to post a thread about this for ages.

Mr F and I just cannot agree on an issue related to this point.

Anyway - what I wanted to ask [to mothers and pregnant ladies] whilst/when you are/were pregnant did you mind people touching your 'bump'??

Did you enjoy the experience of someone being interested in your pregnancy or baby or babies movements, or did/do you find it distasteful that someone wanted to feel your 'baby/bump'?

And to men who have had or have pregnant partners - what are your thoughts??

I will expand on the Flip disagreement when you have had the chance to put your views across!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Pregnant Ladies
I have to say I did not like random people touching my bump whilst I was pregnant. No matter how much affection it was done with, they would not just walk up and touch my stomach had I not been pregnant, so they had no need to do it whilst I was. If it was at my invitation, that was another matter.
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Pregnant Ladies
I had a big issue with this. Mr B's mum kept touching me and when I told her that I didn't like it she announced to me, that she had rights as it was her grandchild in there!! :angry: I was horrified! That said though, I really enjoyed being pregnant, but you sometimes felt that you became everyone's property.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
03-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Pregnant Ladies
I can't remember anyone doing that to me when I was pregnant but it was a loooong time ago. I think this means that if they did, I didn't mind because if I did mind it would have probably stuck in my memory.

I have to confess to touching the bump of my son's girlfriend. It was done with affection and I'm now hoping she didn't mind. Blush

A bit off topic but I must say that the current trend for wearing hipster pants and crop tops with "the bump" mostly exposed (noticed it a lot in the Summer and this being a seaside town probably) is not really an attractive sight.

I'm no prude, honest, and I expect to get the reaction that it's normal and natural etc. but even more than the look of it I tend to feel that the bump looks very vulnerable and it makes me shudder a bit that there's no protection.

I suppose it's an "age" thing cos in my day (lol) everyone wore voluminous smock tops and tried to disguise it. I don't have a problem with tight fitting clothes, just bare bumps Smile
03-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Pregnant Ladies
It didn't bother me in the slightest, but I can understand why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. A "your space - my space" type of thing.
03-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Pregnant Ladies
Buzz Wrote:I have to say I did not like random people touching my bump whilst I was pregnant. No matter how much affection it was done with, they would not just walk up and touch my stomach had I not been pregnant, so they had no need to do it whilst I was. If it was at my invitation, that was another matter.

This is how I felt, when I was pregnant, friends and family fine anyone else was a no no!
03-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Pregnant Ladies
I think I must have had an auroa around me that said "Touch my bump and you die" ... cos i too can't remember anyone touching my bump. i certainly have no desire to touch anyone else's bump and would chop off the hands of any one who dared to touch my bump! gerroff!

I know it's off subject but those people who sign birthday cards, xmas cards etc "from bump" make me want to vomit and run a mile! How more pathetic can they be?!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
03-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Pregnant Ladies
No one touched mine but then I did my best to keep it hidden for as long as possible. I don't think I would have been to keen on it as I have a bit of a touchy phobia.
03-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Pregnant Ladies
I bet Floopy welcomes bump-caressing from all and sundry.

:w00t:
03-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Pregnant Ladies
Dolores Wrote:I know it's off subject but those people who sign birthday cards, xmas cards etc "from bump" make me want to vomit and run a mile! How more pathetic can they be?!

What about those that include the names of their pets? :unsure:

Having not been pregnant I can't answer from personal experience but what I would say is that I would never touch a bump unless I was invited and even then I can't say I'm overly enthused by the idea.....I sometimes wonder if there is a maternal bone in my body! Huh

Apparently......heard this the other day....coo cooing into a babies face is deemed to be an invasion of the babies privacy and should not be encouraged unless the person coo cooing is mum or dad.....I alsways thought the whole getting close to baby thing was so they could see who it was as their eye sight isn't fully developed..but hey there you go...not that I'm much of a coo cooer anyway.... :blink:

Do you say tell parents their babies are beautiful even if they are ugly?

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pregnant Man Haydon_acc2 9 1,402 08-04-2008 02:14 AM
Last Post: msgirl