Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premonitions and dreams
30-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Premonitions and dreams

I did do a search for the dream thread, but could only find the dream poll. Anyway I feel justified in starting a new thread as this is about premonitions & dreams. And this is me at my most morbid.

It was either Wednesday night or Thursday night [I am erring on Wednesday night though] I had a dream whereby I was a passenger/astronaut on a space mission. Me and about 11 other passengers were all suited up moreorless ready to step onto the Discovery space shuttle. As we were walking up the gangplank - I looked over to my right and saw Mr F and my two sons, the eldest and Mr F were looking proud, but profoundly sad - my youngest was pleading with me not to go. He had those terrified eyes, and was bawling and screaming 'Mummy don't go' at the top of his little voice.

I stopped dead, took my suit off and ran like the clappers through security - I disrupted the whole takeoff and procedures [something that is absolutely alien to me]. But I had to get to my child. We held each other for what seemed like hours - we went home and were fine. Which is more than be said for the space mission that I had been about to go on. Like the Columbus space mission 2 or 3 years ago it disintegrated on exiting the earth's atmosphere. My relief was palpable but it was such a real but deeply sad dream.

The next morning, the Discovery space mission was on the tv - because there had been a bit of foam that had fallen off the side of the shuttle, but thank god nothing had happened and the crew and the ship had got to the space station without problems. They reckoned it may have been a bird-strike.

But I have the worst feeling about this whole mission. I am not sure if it began the night of my dream - but it certainly has not got any better. And what makes it worse for me is that the chief astronaut is a woman Eileen Collinson [I think] and she is a mother of two small children.

I am sure there are quite suitable explanations for this dream - but I always hark back to a dream I had about 3 weeks before the Tenerife aircrash - where 2 737's collided at Tenerife killing just about all on board both craft.

And not long after 7/11 I had a dream about sitting on a wheelie bin on a street in Leicester, when Osama Bin Laden rode up on a moped. The next day or the day after there were some high profile Al Quaeda arrests in Leicester.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Premonitions and dreams
I have a lot of respect for dreams and who knows, as you implied, whether or not your dream has a prophetic quality. Not as unusual as it sounds. It could, wild guess, signify entering unknown/alien territory. You may well be sensitive to events further afield. A matter of watch this space...

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user
30-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Premonitions and dreams
Flippy, I think your dream just shows you how much you love your family.

With the space shuttle going up just a day after your dream, maybe you were subconsciously thinking of the past missions and how the current astronauts were feeling.

As to the thing falling off the shuttle on take off, yes there was a bird strike but that was about 2 seconds after takeoff.
The thing that fell off, they are wondering if it is one of the heat shields, just like the last one that basically disintegrated on re-entry.
But they are currently at the space station now and have camera's looking all around at the outside of the craft looking for any defects, and hopefully they can repair anything before they re-enter.

Let's hope it's not like last time.
But I did hear the other day that this mission will be the last one for this shuttle.

[Image: 429.gif]
30-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Premonitions and dreams
Flippy, they have said that they are confident the shuttle will land safely.

But I do know what you mean. I have dreamt of earthquakes that have happened. It's kind of freaky. You just never know!

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
30-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Premonitions and dreams
I had a dream a couple of years ago that I was on a huge cruise ship which caught fire. I remember being eventually airlifted to safety in a helicopter and seeing the ship from above, smoke pouring from it - going to the left, because of a strong wind.

I woke up and told Mr P who listened and said hmmm, and oooh in the right places. A week later we were on holiday and he trotted down to the greek shop and bought a newspaper, to see what had been happening in the world. On the front page was an aerial photo of a passenger ship, on fire. The smoke was pouring off it, exactly as Id seen in my dream.

The only difference was, that in the pic in the Daily Mirror, the smoke was going to the right, not the left. Still makes me go funny to this day.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
31-07-2005, 12:16 AM
Premonitions and dreams
I've never had a dream about something that's been real, but I've died in two of my dreams... I'm sure I've mentioed them here before but here goes:

1. From the little I can remember, there was a virus spread across the world and it was dominating the news. The thing with it was there were no symptoms apart from a sudden death. Scientists invented a machine that could detect if a given person was infected and if so when they would die. Anyway, my family were tested on this machine and I was the only person to be infected and I was due to die at midnight. It got to midnight and nothing!! I was still alive, but by 00.04 a pain started in my heart and it grew stronger and stronger until...... I woke up!!

2. This was a weird dream because everything was normal! Usually in my dreams peoplre or buildings don't look like they do in real life... but in this particular dream evrything was real! I was walking down the road next to my primary school (It's not important that that's what road it was, it just happens that that was the one!) and somebody was walking behind me and he started to walk beside me, whilst in occupation of a wooden stick with a nail in it... we got to a crossing and both started to cross at the same time, also simultaneous to a man on the other side of the road who also started crossing. In the middle of the road the man crossing and the man walking beside me "met" and the guy walking beside me siad "get him!" (referring to me), to which the other person beat me to death!! (I blacked out anyway, which seems logical since I was asleep!)

The scary thing about this dream is that it was so realistic!!

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!
31-07-2005, 12:52 AM
Premonitions and dreams
Oh Fly, that first half of the second story sounds so familiar.

I had a dream once, I think I was about 20 years old at the time, and I've never forgotten it since.
I was also walking down a road, on the way to pimary school and this guy was following me.
Well when I looked behind, all I could see was this long raincoat on this guy who had really wierd skin. His skin was all wrinkly as though it was a transplant on him,(wrinky on his face and wrinkly on his legs like an old women with stockings on) I can't really explain how it was but it still gives me creeps now thinking about it.

Well, I think he followed me for a while and then basically I think I woke myself up by screaming.

I went downstairs and my boyfriends mum at the time got up cause she'd heard me, and wanted to make sure I was ok.

I was after a while, but I can still picture that guy now.

[Image: 429.gif]
31-07-2005, 03:50 AM
Premonitions and dreams
I'm another who respects the prophetic quality of some dreams. I've had too many of my own, and heard too many of my friends' dreams related to me, to discount them.

In my experience God sometimes talks to me in dreams when I've been too busy to listen to him and there is something important I've been missing. My significant dreams are most often prophetic in a symbolic way, requiring me to share them with a couple of gifted friends for prayer and interpretation. I've come to know upon waking when a dream is significant, rather than merely vivid and/or lucid.

One of the gifted friends I mentioned has the kind of "forthcoming newsreel" dreams like Flip and Pandora have. Sometimes, for her, these prove to be straightforward accounts in advance. Other times they have a more symbolic purpose. But always we view them as a call to prayer and a guide to the area requiring prayer.
31-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Premonitions and dreams
Ooo Pan your dream spooked me a bit, I know that feeling. Did you ever feel like you could have prevented it?? I know after the Tenerife aircrash I beat myself up for months about it - I kept thinking if I had told someone then somehow it could have been prevented. I now know that this would be a silly realisation - but it didn't at the time stop me wondering.

My Bin Laden dream, was actually in content, quite hilarious - I have never sat on a wheelie bin, I have only been to Leiscester once [years ago] and it certainly wasn't in my thoughts that night. And to see the most wanted man in the whole wide world pedal up on a scootery moped type thing, donning a full length dress and head thing was just too bizarre.

And Fly your dreams are very scary - the midnight one is awful - just the suddeness of it - was it just the once you have had that dream?? Or have you had a few times?
And as far as the space mission is concerned I am now listening to everything relating to it, and I gather today that they are going to have to stay an extra day to complete repairs to the space station, and they will be doubley sure that everything is OK. I really wish they would come back and get back safely.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

31-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Premonitions and dreams
Just the once flip... and it wasn't as if there seemed to be a reason for it... I wasn't having a hard time or anything when I had that dream... it was just out of the blue... scary...

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sweet dreams ... how do you get yours? Dolores 17 1,107 05-10-2006 08:48 PM
Last Post: PJ
  Dreams..your own interpritation. Cat 15 1,303 18-05-2006 08:41 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Do you have any recurring dreams/nightmares Critique 51 2,977 25-02-2005 09:44 AM
Last Post: survivorfan