Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressies
27-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Pressies

Huge apologies if we have had this thread - but i couldnt see one. So what did everyone get for Xmas ? I know we have had a cack pressie thread, but what did everyone get that they liked ?

Well Mr.B bought me some wonderful wine glasses that i have had my eye on. They are beautiful. He also got me a gold lighter, some of my fav perfume and a book i wanted.

My parents spoilt me (us) rotten. We got DVD's, CD's, booze, choccie, smellies, a toaster and kettle (i needed these), jewlery, a cardi, a very posh cutlery set .... oh god, too much to mention. We came home with 10 giant carrier bags stuffed to busting. The dog also did very well, and he got his own stocking. Plus the cats got 3 pressies (which the dog nicked !!!).

My best pressie though was something my aunty gave me. When my gran died i was mortified. She was the best nan in the world. I had always wanted something that i could wear that was hers, but i never got anything. I had some crockery and some odds and sods, but nothing that she wore. Anyway - my aunty gave me a gold bracklet that weighs a ton, and apparently it was my great grandmas. She then passed it on to my grandma, and in every photo you ever see of my nan, she is wearing it. It has now come to me. To say i was happy was an understatement. In fact, i almost cried !!!

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Pressies
I got the 'Fireman' Calender..woo wooo :fireman:

I didn't get much this year as I asked for money from the loved ones and socks and smellies from anyone else who asked....I did get two chocolate oranges though....yum, yum, scrum bum!

Oh yeah...I have another screen writing book to read through....and two Su Duku books...my head hurts but I love em!

The creme de la creme though has to be my new hat....it is the same as the one Fee's avatar is wearing...yes I have my very own turkey hat! :laugh: I think I shall wear it again on new years eve with my new toe fit tigger socks whilst I play my drinking game.....:unsure:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
27-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Pressies
I got a George Foreman grilling machine, Donny Osmond's autobiography, Shayne Ward's CD and a beautiful pair of gold dangly earrings. Everything was requested other than the earrings. I was a very happy bunny. Smile

Oh and I forgot the laptop I got about a month ago. An early Christmas present. Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
27-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Pressies
I got Make-up and perfume, G4 at the Royal Albert Hall DVD and Cantamus Girls Choir CD, a framed photograph of my youngest grandson, some smellies, a clock, slippers and a Christmas plant arrangement (which I'd better water at some stage) and the Christmas Stocking that Mazza gave me which had loads of lovely little novelties in like a lighter, a teddy keyring, a photo frame, choccy penguins, handcream, a mini radio, a diary, a chapstick and a nifty little spectacle repair kit. I enjoyed digging into that little stocking and bringing out all those things more than anything because they were a real surprise and it was so thoughtful Smile
27-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Pressies
I got the usual - clothes, money, DVDs, CDs, aftershave etc. My mum and dad also bought a new PC (which I am on right now - it's great!) which is for "the whole family" (mine)

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
27-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Pressies
I had from Mr M a black velvet top, underwear, necklace and earrings and a wrist and mousepad. From son and girlfriend pyjamas, other son and wife gave me boots and a thick jumper from grandkids.

Quiz book and car cleaner thing from sister, money from M-I-L. Scarf and gloves, leather purse, and 2 large ducks made from bamboo stalk from friends.
Find all posts by this user
27-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Pressies
I got a Manolo Blahnick shoe horn, 6 antique sherry glasses, Notting Hill DVD, a book, some Chanel no. 5, a vinegar atomister, a crystal, beaded cross necklace, 2 very very tall crystal champagne flutes and a bottle of Rose Tattinger Brut Champers to go with them and Schotts Food and Wine Miscelllany [which is the BEST book in the whole wide world!!!]

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

27-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Pressies
I did really well this year, I received Donny Osmonds autobiography, Robbie William's cd, Will Young's cd, a tatty teddy cuddy key ring, a tatty teddy on a swing (for the car) a tatty teddy tree decoration, a pair of Winnie & a pair of Piglets socks, a pink scarf and a pair of Winnie the Pooh PJ's

Oh and I nearly forgot a little extra something (a fridge magnet) from miss ils :wub:

It says 'Be nice to your kids, they choose your nursing home' :wacko: :laugh:
27-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Pressies
Ils, the magnent sounds hilarious!!! Sounds like my kids!!
I got some lotion I wanted, Shania Twain's new stuff. I have to use lotion to smell as most colognes and perfumes kill my sinuses or get my asthma kicked up! I got a velour chocolate brown cardi that is awesome, some pots and pans I NEEDED, and some little odds and ends from a girl I sub with. And lots of $$$$$$$$$!!!! I'm happy!:pimp:

COASTIE: HOW DO YOU PLAY THOSE SODUKU PUZZLES...JUST LOOKING AT THEM MAKES MY HEAD HURT!!!! PM ME!

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
27-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Pressies
I also forgot to add the pressies in from my friends. I got some Christmas candles, (they are gorgeous) a Winnie-the-Pooh keyring, a home-made wall hanging, a turquoise/silver necklace, some winnie the pooh socks and a Dalek keyring. The last two being from some younger generation friends.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."