Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pride & Prejudice
07-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Pride & Prejudice

Seeing as I've already overtaken PJ's Red Eye thread, I thought I would give P&P it's own home.

How do you feel about P&P/Jane Austen. Love it? Hate it? Ambivalent?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Pride & Prejudice
Is this where I hang my head in shame? I have never seen a Pride & Prejudice film and neither have I read the book! Blush

I do quite fancy seeing the new film though!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Pride & Prejudice
Prostrate yourself in shame woman! Go and see it immediately and report to me in my study. :smartie:
07-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Pride & Prejudice
I love Jane Austen's books. There have been some great film versions, like "Emma" with Gwynneth Paltrow, and "Sense & Sensibility" with Emma Thompson. The P&P tv series was very good.

The new film sounds good - hopefully I'll get to see it sometime.

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
07-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Pride & Prejudice
Oh gawd, maybe it is me, I really disliked Sense & Sensibility and didn't like Emma at all, but I think that was more to do with Gwyneth Paltrow. I fell asleep during Remains of The Day and Howard's End done nothing for me........maybe I should give P&P a miss! :unsure:

07-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Pride & Prejudice
BELLA I'M APPALLED! :o "Remains of the Day" was a brilliant film (damn good book too).

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
07-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Pride & Prejudice
mikado Wrote:BELLA I'M APPALLED! :o "Remains of the Day" was a brilliant film (damn good book too).

Oh, I know it was shocking the only reason I woke up was because the man next to me fell asleep on my shoulder and began to snore very loudly!!! :bag:

07-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Pride & Prejudice
I loved The Remains of the Day too, Mik (film, not book. Don't do books very often.)
14-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Pride & Prejudice
I don't know if I will want to see this new version - I'm still lusting after the original Mr. Darcy and I didn't like the look of the new one at all.

Maybe I will go and get meself an OAP cheap seat and give it a try.
:laugh:
14-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Pride & Prejudice
The original Mr D'Arcy, Crit? Do you mean Colin Firth (last TV series) or Larry Olivier (1930s ish film)? Actually, of the two, I'd prefer Larry O. He was one of the most handsome men ever, IMO. I'm not that fussed on Colin Firth at all.

Having seen so many versions and read the book umpteen times, his looks weren't dark and brooding enough and, like Officer and a Gentleman, only "that" scene had a whooooarrrrrr factor for me.

From what I've seen of the clips with Matthew McFaddyen, he looks like he could be a good choice. And his monotone clipped voice is actually very well suited to the part.