Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prisoners wanting more respect!
28-08-2006, 12:53 PM

Should prisoners be treated with more respect in prison?

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=1250832006

I see no reason why prisoners can't be called by their first names and agree that name-calling should not be allowed but their other proposals are just a joke!

Do they forget the reason why they are in there? They want their cell-door to be knocked before a prison guard enters (lol, this'll just give them enough time to hide the drugs). I wonder if any of them knocked before breaking into a house and robbing it or did they ask the poor person they mugged if they could do it?

They spoke to one old-timer where he ranted on that when you come out of prison you are seething with rage at the way you have been treated and that's the reason why most commit crimes again to seek revenge!! Duh. how bluddy stupid, if they hated the place so much then they should be doing all they can not to go back!

They want phones for each prisoners...........most of them probably have a mobile that has been smuggled in anyway!

To me, you lose your rights the minute you commit a crime and it is prison you go to not a blooming holiday camp!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Bella Wrote:Should prisoners be treated with more respect in prison?

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=1250832006

snip

To me, you lose your rights the minute you commit a crime and it is prison you go to not a blooming holiday camp!

No, I say send em to a Holiday camp..that would learn them

**I heart Northern Soul**
28-08-2006, 01:57 PM
You may have a point there - send them on an 18-30 in Magaluff they'll soon be regretting their misdemenours (sp?)!

......and shouldn't it be "that should teach them"............ :whistling:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
28-08-2006, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2006 02:22 PM by Northern angel.)
IsLe Of WeAtHeR Wrote:No, I say send em to a Holiday camp..that would learn them

Hello Isle of Weather,

This quip of yours has surely got to be a wind up?

Prison has become a way of life for a large proportion of criminals, it is a problem, as they see themselves as having no real opportunities outside of prison. Especially as regards employment. The attitude has become well we might aswell re-offend and let the tax payer keep us.

I do think there is a very small proportion of people in prison who should not be in prison. I also think we need viable alternatives to prison for those found guilty of minor offences.I don't see not sentencing someone at all as a reasonable alternative. I,e the recent news that shoplifters will not face jail is ridiculous.

Equally ridiculous would be sending offenders on holiday to Butlins.

The kind of offences that are popular for recidivism all seem to fall within this list,
Crimes against the person:-
  1. Muggings with the intent to rob,
  2. The full range of assaults both personal, domestic, event,
    • Accidental caught in a mobbing incident
      • Crimes against property:-
        1. Vandelism of public property, damage of personal property
        2. TWOC Car theft/Joy riding
        3. Robbery of commercial properties and Burglary of households
        4. shoplifting,handling of stolen goods,

Personal gain crimes:-
          • Shifting moving and merchandising stolen goods
          • organised drug dealing
          • Deception , fraud and embezzlement, corporate crime
          • Money laundering
          • In special cases Libel and Slander intending to defame and damage the reputation of another with proven gains for the culprit.
              • What do you think would make suitable punishments for those guilty in the said lists above?

Is it possible that anyone in the said list would be suitable for rehabilitation and if so where?

Can you find the middle road that would keep us all happy?

MAUREEN
                NORTHERN ANGEL
                I'd personally like to send some people to 'Alcatraz'.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
Find all posts by this user
28-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Do we really think that those criminals who have committed the most vile of offences deserve treating with respect?

I personally have no respect whatseover for a child abuser, a rapist.

Someone who is violent towards women.

Someone who is such a waste of space and piece low life he'd rob the dying or kill for gain.

Who are these worthless pieces of **** who'd mug an old lady for the price of fish and chips and come back for your eye sockets?

I personally think they've got it to easy in Britains prisons, the system needs to get tougher. So tough those who had thought of offending would think twice and learn to respect law and order.

We need prison ships or an island off the mainland to settle the most vile of criminals on.

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
29-08-2006, 05:54 PM
I read the article, Bell, and I do actually agree with a couple of the things mentioned. Prisoners should be entitled to fruit and vegetables, exercise, and not to be called racist or offensive names, but I really don't see why a phone is a basic human right.

By committing a crime in the first place you lose yourself the right to have the luxuries of the outside world - contact with your friends/family/supplier is one of those things.

I think society should keep them alive, safe and healthy, but that's about it.

I'm undecided on the private toilet issue.

Bollox to potplants

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Respect tigger 59 3,958 19-03-2005 06:00 PM
Last Post: karenh