Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q.I. - Friday evenings, BBC2.
10-10-2005, 03:26 PM

Please, please, please tell me there are folks out there in forumland that watch this totally superb programme.
[/font]
Its on, on a Friday evening, BBC2 about 10pm and is hosted by Stephen Fry. The name of the show is Q.I. which stands for Quite Interesting.

Its a quiz show, with Fry chairing and Alan Davis as the regular guest and another three comedians making up the rest of the teams. Its a combination of general knowledge questions and comedy but it has to be seen to be believed - mainly because of the sheer brilliance of Stephen Fry.

Its rare that you laugh out loud at TV shows these days (apart from Eastenders, obviously), but on Friday night, Mr P and I were in fits ! Forget the bloody questions, forget the teams, just give Mr Stephen Fry one of those "audience with..." shows and let him off the leash.

The man is witty, charming, screechingly funny, a brilliant raconteur, a mimic second to none (his bewildering variety of scots accents on friday night were a pleasure to behold), and an obviously incredibly knowledgeable man - all served up on a platter for our delight, without a whiff of ego or arrogance.

If I were Queen, Id make him a Knight !!

[font=Century Gothic]Ill shurrup now and get me coat.... Blush
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2005, 03:49 PM
I've loved this programme long time, Pan. I used to watch it on a Friday night on BBC1 or 2 and then switch over to BBC3 or 4 or whatever to catch the next week's. Trouble was, I then had to wait 2 weeks to see it again. And now I watch the re-runs and everything.
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Yep, great programme Smile

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
10-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh goody goody... more fans :thumbsup:
11-10-2005, 03:09 PM
This show has been classic for ages. Its the funniest show all week. Even ALan Davies is good and has good chemistry with the excellent SF.

I,m loving it

**I heart Northern Soul**
11-10-2005, 03:58 PM
IsLe Of WeAtHeR Wrote:This show has been classic for ages. Its the funniest show all week. Even ALan Davies is good and has good chemistry with the excellent SF.

I,m loving it

I know its been good for ages, Ive just never seen a thread dedicated to it before ! :w00t:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
11-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Sorry to say but I REALLY REALLY CAN'T STAND THAT SMUG BASTERD STEPHEN FRY!!! COULD HE BE ANY SMUGGER?! NO HE COULDN'T!

phew! that felt good.

Also don't like Alan Davies who is an irritating herbert although not as smug as Stephen Fry ... cos that is IMPOSSIBLE!!! NO-ONE COULD BE SMUGGER!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
12-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Lol Dol :w00t:

I watched this last night on Sky. I was channel flicking, and came across it. It was ok - but a little too high brow for 11pm on a week day evening for me.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
12-10-2005, 10:27 AM
I think SF has every reason to be smug, much more so than your average Joe. He is one very clever man http://www.mgnet.karoo.net/stars/stevefry.htm loathe him or love him, he is very talented.

He can stay forever so long as he keeps Johnathan Woss out of the prog! :w00t:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
12-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Eternity Wrote:I think SF has every reason to be smug, much more so than your average Joe. He is one very clever man

I thought you were talking about OUR SF on this forum then :w00t: Durrrr, i need a break i think :bag:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jonathan Ross Show Friday Night Punkyfish 7 1,100 20-05-2007 12:23 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Beyond Boundaries - Series 2 BBC2 at 9pm Sundays Dolores 12 2,414 25-10-2006 12:24 PM
Last Post: Minklemar
  Extras - Series 2 (Thursday, 9pm, BBC2) PJ 33 3,547 15-10-2006 10:05 AM
Last Post: Dolores
  The Friday Night Project Haydon_acc2 4 759 20-02-2006 09:20 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Medium (BBC2 Tuedsay nights) Minklemar 18 1,685 20-10-2005 12:11 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  'Help' - New BBC2 comedy series Voice of reason 6 964 06-03-2005 10:41 PM
Last Post: Voice of reason