Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QueenMania - ITV Sat
09-04-2005, 10:39 PM
QueenMania - ITV Sat

Please please tell me I wasnt the only one to accidentally witness what could prove the unintentional comedy moment of the year?:shocking: :w00t:

Im talking about me flicking channels and finding QueenMania on ITV - a "tribute" to Queen.:bag:
Well, all I can say is that Freddy Mercury must be spinning - nay revolving - in his grave at the total and complete crucifixion that Toyah "facelift" Wilcox gave to one of his songs.
Now, Im the first to admit Im a terrible singer, but even I couldve gone onto that stage tonight and beaten Toyah hands down.... and believe me, I thought about it. The beating that is, not the singing. To say she was appalling would be the understatement of the millenium.

It really has to be one of THE worst programmes Ive ever seen. Zoe Ball was presenting it with the kind of rictus, terrified grin of someone thats signed a contract and wants desperately out of it.

Poor Mr P is currently recovering from a nasty virus and weakly said, ten minutes into me clicking it on, "please please can we have something else on?"
:mellow:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2005, 11:05 PM
QueenMania - ITV Sat
You are not alone Pandora, I am a huge Queen fan, I think Heather Small performing "Somebody to love" was the worst ever rendition of that song I have ever heard!!

Live your days instead of counting your years...
09-04-2005, 11:09 PM
QueenMania - ITV Sat
Môrph™ Wrote:You are not alone Pandora, I am a huge Queen fan, I think Heather Small performing "Somebody to love" was the worst ever rendition of that song I have ever heard!!
Well, Mr P went to bed and I saw a tiny bit of Heather Small's contribution, which as you say, was awful. Myleene Klaas's song was ghastly and at that point, it began to get so embarrassingly bad, I had to switch off.
Im sitting in bed now, typing this, thanking God that your answer, Morph, wasnt to say that you thought it was a fab programme lol ........ :ninja: I truly think ITV plumbed the depths of crapola tonight...

09-04-2005, 11:17 PM
QueenMania - ITV Sat
I am a huge fan of Queen, and so I made a point of not watching that tonight - I just knew there was no way anyone could perform like Freddy. :sick:
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2005, 11:30 PM
QueenMania - ITV Sat
The Censor Wrote:I am a huge fan of Queen, and so I made a point of not watching that tonight - I just knew there was no way anyone could perform like Freddy. :sick:

Ditto. Huh
09-04-2005, 11:34 PM
QueenMania - ITV Sat
You were wise to stay away me dears. I only caught a bit of it, and was almost compelled to phone The Samaritans...... :mellow:

10-04-2005, 12:47 AM
QueenMania - ITV Sat
I was chatting to Mazwad on Messenger and she reminded me this was on. We spent most of the program pulling it to pieces. Toyah looked good facially but as soon as she opened her mouth - well it was downright embarrassing, cringe making. That old guy (can't remember his name) crucified his song, even G4 (who I usually like) sounded awful with their rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody.

The best bit (if there was one) was the Corrie boys. I thought they looked brilliant but I don't know if it was my ears or my TV but I couldn't hear them very well (probably for the best). Did give us a laugh but then so did most of the show, unintentionally.

Not so much of Tribute to Queen, more of an Insult.
10-04-2005, 12:55 PM
QueenMania - ITV Sat
Agree with everyone. I love Queen and agree that there will never ever be anyone quite like Freddie Mercury, they truly did break the mould when they made him. He had the X-Factor and more, but what a sad bunch of has-beens that crucified every song that mean so much to Queen! It was appalling - even G4 and Leslie Garrett were pathetic.

I would have loved to have been part of the crowd at Live-Aid when Queen were on stage - they were just brilliant. Don't you just miss Freddie? :cry:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
10-04-2005, 01:24 PM
QueenMania - ITV Sat
It really was awful!
I didn't even enjoy the corrie lads doing I want to break free,they were like cardboard cut outs.
Only thing that was brilliant was Lesley Garratt and wee blondie from G4 singing Barcelona- that was good

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
10-04-2005, 02:36 PM
QueenMania - ITV Sat
Bob Wrote:It really was awful!
I didn't even enjoy the corrie lads doing I want to break free,they were like cardboard cut outs.
Only thing that was brilliant was Lesley Garratt and wee blondie from G4 singing Barcelona- that was good

Oh poop - that was just finishing when Mazza reminded me it was on so I didn't get to see it :wallbash: