Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Reply Box
14-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Quick Reply Box

at the bottom of threads!

Is it possible to have removed as it seems useless. It takes up space at the bottom of the thread which seems totally uneccessary as you can't type in it. You then have to scroll pass it to get to the forum jump box where you can chose where you go next.

I know it isn't a big deal but it just seems a waste of space and a waste of time!
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Quick Reply Box
Agreed. I find it annoying too. Sorry Haydon!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Quick Reply Box
Well I use it! Tongue
You can type into it... Click the icon to the right of the 'Quote' icon and it activates the Quick Reply box.
It saves having to wait for the full "post reply" page to load.

Anyone else use it?
14-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Quick Reply Box
Yeh I use it when I don't want to use any smilies or if I want to do a "quick reply" ... it does exactly what it says on the label!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
14-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Quick Reply Box
Haydon Wrote:You can type into it... Click the icon to the right of the 'Quote' icon and it activates the Quick Reply box. It saves having to wait for the full "post reply" page to load.
So you can .... but with your new super dooper fast site, the full 'post reply' page only takes seconds to load anyway! Even I'm not that impatient!!! Tongue :laugh:

Edit to say - can it only be shown if you click on the icon rather than be there all the time, for those of us that don't want to use it (as I very rarely post without a smilie) ?
14-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Quick Reply Box
ilovesurvivor Wrote:Edit to say - can it only be shown if you click on the icon rather than be there all the time, for those of us that don't want to use it (as I very rarely post without a smilie) ?
No, sorry, it's not that flexible/clever.
14-11-2004, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2004 11:32 PM by Flip.)
Quick Reply Box
oooh I wonder if this works??

Yup all is fine and dandy it does!! Can I just ask though - to quote you have to go throught the normal channels?? And any 'Quick Reply' button will do to activate this service??
14-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Quick Reply Box
Haydon Wrote:No, sorry, it's not that flexible/clever.

Send it back then H :laugh:
14-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Quick Reply Box
Flip Wrote:oooh I wonder if this works??

Yup all is fine and dandy it does!! Can I just ask though - to quote you have to go throught the normal channels?? And any 'Quick Reply' button will do to activate this service??
Flip - you can still quote. There is a little tick box underneath that enables you to quote the post that you clicked the "quick reply" icon on. Yes, each "quick reply" icon activates the box.

ils - noo, I like it! Tongue
14-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Quick Reply Box
I guess it is alright, but I do miss the statistics, the extenshun plug in and the lack of decent smilies Smile The ones that came with this forum were crap! :angry:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Quick Edit Patsy 7 598 09-01-2006 11:19 AM
Last Post: Patsy