Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiz Game TV
28-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Quiz Game TV

There was nothing on the box tonight and I was channel hopping through the Freeview channels and I found a phone-in game. You had to guess how many Kilo's were showing on some discs. Some were half hidden but they were all in 5, 10, 25's etc. Well I'd watched fascinated as everyone had guessed just about every permutation, and was still watching when Mr. C came him at midnight.

We kinda got hooked on it, just to see what the answer would be. Nobody guessed it by 1.30 so they did higher or lower until there was only 2 possible answers left. The presenter kept saying "This money has got to go because we have more games to play and we're here til 2 am".

Suddenly, she just keeled over and landed with a crash out of camera! They put up a full screen image of the game board and it was silent for about 15 minutes. Then out of camera view and rather shakily the presenter took the last 2 calls and of course someone got it (the answer was 299 (?) ) and then the Jackpot was played which she usually does but it was done by a cameraman - lol. I guess she must have fainted! Maybe the excitement was too much for her. It then went off air 30 minutes early.

I still want to know how they reached a figure of 299 in multiples of 5, 10, 20 etc. I think these game shows should be obliged to explain the answers and how they were reached.

Anyone else seen it?
Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Quiz Game TV
We have a show like this. It's hosted by ex-Big Brother Housemate Hotdogs. I must say it is really pathetic. The set is just a crappy background and a little table with coffee and popcorn next to him (this changes everyday). The Uplate Game Show it's called and altough it is ****, it got all the ratings needed. People watch, but never call in so if I could be bothered calling I would get through staright away. It is kinda pathetic seeing him begging people to call. It's only there so it can fill in the space where Big Brother: Uplate used to be. It's funny though because once I turn it on i can't seem to turn it off... :shocking:
28-09-2005, 09:07 AM
Quiz Game TV
I've flicked onto this, or one like it, before.

And it's mad.
They put a puzzle up on the screen, like add up all the numbers in a list, people then ring in on a national rate call, and everyone seems to get it wrong.
I have no idea how they come up with the answers they do, and I've not stayed watching long enough to find out.

hehe, crit, lol at the presenter keeling over:laugh:

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Quiz Game TV
Critique Wrote:There was nothing on the box tonight and I was channel hopping through the Freeview channels and I found a phone-in game. You had to guess how many Kilo's were showing on some discs. Some were half hidden but they were all in 5, 10, 25's etc. Well I'd watched fascinated as everyone had guessed just about every permutation, and was still watching when Mr. C came him at midnight.

We kinda got hooked on it, just to see what the answer would be. Nobody guessed it by 1.30 so they did higher or lower until there was only 2 possible answers left. The presenter kept saying "This money has got to go because we have more games to play and we're here til 2 am".

Suddenly, she just keeled over and landed with a crash out of camera! They put up a full screen image of the game board and it was silent for about 15 minutes. Then out of camera view and rather shakily the presenter took the last 2 calls and of course someone got it (the answer was 299 (?) ) and then the Jackpot was played which she usually does but it was done by a cameraman - lol. I guess she must have fainted! Maybe the excitement was too much for her. It then went off air 30 minutes early.

I still want to know how they reached a figure of 299 in multiples of 5, 10, 20 etc. I think these game shows should be obliged to explain the answers and how they were reached.

Anyone else seen it?

Exactly the same experience with me Crit (except for the presenter fainting Big Grin )
Channel hopping, found Quiz TV and got hooked. This time there was a fake petrol price board on screen and you had to count the number of numerals on the board (including letters). Presenter said it was a single sumber.
I worked it out to be about 30. :ohmy:
After about 20 mins or so I got bored but kept switching back to find our answer. After about 2 hours they said answer was between 532 and 537 :w00t: and somebody guessed it. But no explanation as to how they arrived at the figure.

I agree with Crit - they should obliged to explain how they arrived at the answer.
I guess the reason they don't is because all the time they haven't got a active quiz they're not making money on phone calls.
28-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Quiz Game TV
Who was the presenter ? Anyone we know :ohmy:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
28-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Quiz Game TV
Bonsai Wrote:Who was the presenter ? Anyone we know :ohmy:

Nobody I knew Bonnie - none of them seem to be well known personalities - a bit like those presenters on the shopping channels. Smile
28-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Quiz Game TV
Don't ever be fooled into trying to phone that lot. I had had - umm - a few drinks one night and was slurrily flopped in front of this. Well, I knew the answer, it was a trick question, but I could see it clear as day, so I rang the number. They kept me hanging on at £1 per minute - or summat, then told me that I had failed to connect that time and cut me off. Furious, I tried again, to have the same thing happen....in fact it happened 3 times in total before my fuddled brain clicked what was going on. The woman on the TV was pleading for people to phone, and it appeared that no one was calling. Bet there were 1,000's, like me, paying masses to get cut off. SCAM!!!

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
28-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Quiz Game TV
Eternity Wrote:Don't ever be fooled into trying to phone that lot. I had had - umm - a few drinks one night and was slurrily flopped in front of this. Well, I knew the answer, it was a trick question, but I could see it clear as day, so I rang the number. They kept me hanging on at £1 per minute - or summat, then told me that I had failed to connect that time and cut me off. Furious, I tried again, to have the same thing happen....in fact it happened 3 times in total before my fuddled brain clicked what was going on. The woman on the TV was pleading for people to phone, and it appeared that no one was calling. Bet there were 1,000's, like me, paying masses to get cut off. SCAM!!!

Yeah, you're right Eternity - it is a total scam. As you say, while the presenter is begging people to phone in and saying things like "has everyone gone to bed?" etc. to make you think there are no callers, they are in fact turning people away by the thousands. Mr. C tried to phone 3 times and was told he was "unsuccessful", so basically "thankyou very much - mug!" He did it as an experiment to see just how it worked (he said - lol). His theory was that you spend £5 on lottery tickets so just regard it as a gamble on a lottery as there were only 2 possible answers left. I just thought it was stupid to line their greedy pockets.

When the presenter fainted and the show was off air for that time Mr. C said "I bet they're still taking calls" so he tried again and sure enough, they were!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ant & Dec's Game Show Marathon! ils 16 2,683 17-10-2005 04:39 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  Still Game waylander 2 571 22-07-2005 10:29 PM
Last Post: Bella