Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racist comments, lets list them
17-01-2007, 06:02 PM

If anyone can recall the actual racist comments made - maybe we as a group should list them so that the media can have something to go on.

lets get a list of all the bad ones. just reply to this post with the ones you can recall....

etc..

**I heart Northern Soul**
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2007, 06:06 PM
1. Jackiey : "Tha' bleedin injun is doin my ead in" (the fact that she refused to say her name and called Shilpa "that indian" throughout the show, wouldve got Jackiey the sack from any place of work in the UK.

2. Jade to Shilpa, "What is wrong with YOU people???" no-one else around, just Jade referring to Shilpa being asian as 'you people'

The rest of the bitching, sniping, vile comments Ive seen stem from ignorance of other people's culture rather than racism.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
17-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Channel four have just released this statement. Note the use of the words 'overt' ......

LATEST CHANNEL 4 STATEMENT REGARDING RACE ALLEGATIONS

" To date there has been no overt racial abuse or racist behaviour directed against Shilpa Shetty within the Big Brother house. However there has undoubtedly been a cultural and class clash between her and three of the British females in the house.

" Unambiguous racist behaviour and language is not tolerated under any circumstances in the Big Brother house. Housemates are constantly monitored and Channel 4 would intervene if a clear instance of this arose.

" It is in the nature of Big Brother that conflicts arise and housemates are encouraged to resolve issues among themselves.

" Shilpa has not voiced any concerns of racial abuse to Big Brother. Housemates have access to support from Big Brother at all times.

" The issue of whether there is racism in the CBB House has been discussed on Channel 4's companion programmes CBBLB and BB's BM and a range of views has been aired, including those of BB viewers."

17-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Am i the only on that thinks this whole thing is getting out of hand?

Could it just not be that Jade, Danielle and Jo don't like Shilpa, and are using her characteristics. i.e her accent, as a way of identifying her?

It may be tactless, but I think it is going a bit far to call it racist. When I am having a whinge about my flatmates at uni, I use their accent to mimick them, it's just a way of everyone knowing who you are on about?

Or am i being naive?

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
17-01-2007, 06:31 PM
As far as imitating someones accent - well, I saw H mimicking Jackiey's deep voice and broad accent to her face and she was laughing her head off. It depends on how malicious the intent is I suppose.

17-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Jermaine I think it was referring to Jade and co as white trash. Now I am no fan of them but it cuts both ways surely.

I don't think it is particularly racial, spiteful yes. I think they would be just as horrible with anyone who didn't fit their little mould whatever their colour.
Find all posts by this user
18-01-2007, 10:33 AM
I think saying an Asian should "f&&k off back home" could be construed as racist.:

:sun: : PUNKYFISH
Find all posts by this user
18-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Punkyfish Wrote:I think saying an Asian should "f&&k off back home" could be construed as racist.:

Only if they lived in the UK, it is racist then as it implies the person does not belong here. Shilpa lives in India so it has a non racist implication. Still, why let that ruin a good story for the BBC and ITV who both used it to imply the racist meaning.

18-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Boy, this thread is filling up with racist comments. no hang on, it isnt?

18-01-2007, 07:34 PM
What about this Isle? Ignorant or racist?

Jade: "Shilpa Poppadom" wasn't racist

Jade has told Big Brother that appending "poppadom" to Shilpa's name was not intended as a racist comment.

In scenes to be transmitted tonight on Channel 4, Jade was called to the diary room and asked about a conversation with Danielle in which she called Shilpa 'Shilpa f**ka-whalla' and 'Shilpa Poppadom'.

"Shilpa Poppadom," Jade reiterated when confronted. "I explained that for the other two trying to get her name out. Her name is not Shilpa Harry or Shilpa Tweed or Shilpa Mackintosh, she is Indian, so will have an Indian name. No racial anything.

"She is Indian, thinking of an Indian name and only thing I could think of was Indian food. Wasn't racial at all. It was not to offend any Indian out there."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newsbeat Survey: 80% say NOT RACIST IsLe Of WeAtHeR 12 1,986 19-01-2007 07:08 PM
Last Post: PJ
  Grace Dent's comments on Celeb BB Pandora 6 1,432 08-01-2007 05:18 PM
Last Post: Pandora