Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares
26-05-2005, 03:40 PM

Anyone see this the other night? I never watched the last series as I really didn't rate Gordon Ramsay until I watched Hell's Kitchen.

Have to say I was absolutely gobsmacked at this restaurant La Lanterna. It was filthy and the food was mostly made from packets!! If I go out to a restuarant, I would expect the food to be made fresh. The guy Alex who ran it was more interested in getting a flash car with a private reg than looking after his restaurant. Being in charge of restaurant obviously requires dedication and yes, it will take a lot out of you, but if you any business to work you have to at least care about your products and believe in what you are doing. This plonker Alex bought the care before repairing his cooker which incidentally was covered in food, there was food all over the floor, the veggies were popped into a microwave to heat up. I would expect that sort of food at one of these family-friendly restaurants. In short I was appalled and you can imagine what Gordon Ramsay thought! :mad: He even looked scruffy, he was not well turned out at all. GR gave him fantastic advice and hopefully he will heed it if he really wants to make a go of it. ALthough I think he should ditch the girlfriend as I reckon she had too much influence over him!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2005, 04:31 PM
I have it on tape to watch tommorow some time!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
26-05-2005, 05:04 PM
I must admit to feeling a tad sorry for poor old Gavin, the restaurant manager, he seemed such a nervous type.

I don't think I'd eat anything cooked by Alex. He still looked grubby even when he tidied himself up.
27-05-2005, 06:51 AM
Yeah, Max I felt a wee bit sorry for Gavin, he seemed a nice enough chap, but again if he wanted success he did have to put a bit more effort in. I don't think I would be encouraging managers to swear at his staff and called them w&nkers and the like though! :ohmy:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
27-05-2005, 07:14 PM
I just kept asking myself....why is the Polish girl there? :glare:

Gavin was an absolute wuss....in fact the only member of staff who seemed to have an ounce of knowledge about how to do his job was the old guy...very impressive plate balancing skills as he was serving the tables :thumbsup:

Basically the chef needed to get off his butt and work for a living!

Good on ya Gordon! :thumbsup:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
03-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Okay hands up who would have fired the french chef for his total lack of respect and the fact he lied so blatantly! He would so have been out on his ear if I was the boss...what a butt headed ignoramous! :mad:

I couldn't beleive it when Gordon went back and found the manager had been sacked and the lying, cheating chef was still there! :wallbash:

03-06-2005, 12:28 PM
And they had rehired the bar manager who did'nt get on with the chef. I found it strange how the french chef had worked for all these top places but was so useless, either a. he was a good cook, just not a leader, but that doesnt explain why he was bad or b. he couldnt cope in London.

I must admit I would swear if I was Ramsay in some of these kitchuns.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hells Kitchen Punkyfish 20 7,364 28-04-2009 03:27 PM
Last Post: Punkyfish
  Hells Kitchen Seabreeze 1 1,205 16-11-2007 10:56 AM
Last Post: Seabreeze
  Hell's Kitchen MariaRob 33 6,291 17-09-2007 07:06 AM
Last Post: Dolores
  Gordon Ramsay's F Word Dolores 6 1,720 31-05-2007 11:04 AM
Last Post: Coastie