Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality TV.....how would you do it?
03-12-2005, 12:13 PM

The boss of ITV comes knocking at your door...he say's 'Hi, I understand you're a fan of reality TV. I was wondering if as a fan of this genre you might have a few ideas of your own as to how it should be done.....'. You invite him/her in and sit them down with a cup of tea and a scone (no fresh cream though...it went off the night before)...

You say..well my idea for a cracking reality tv show would be.........(please continue)

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Where 10 people have to enter a house that has cameras everywhere and they are being watched 24/7. But there is a catch, one night when they are all partying, they get drugged (put possibly in their drinks) and then the house gets flown by helicopter to a deserted island. Naturally they will all be shocked. I call it BIG SURVIVOR

Then in the second series they get flown to like somewhere else where they learn that their house is haunted lol - Bit carried away
03-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Not carried away JB just creative thinking! Like it! :thumbsup:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
04-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Thanks Coastie! Maybe we should go into business lol
04-12-2005, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2005 09:37 AM by Woodstock.)
I wouldn't just revamp reality tv - i'd go the whole hog (what a bizarre saying!) and have tv in general undergo some major renovations.

3:00am-5:00am ~ *Brand new Reality tv show for ITV

Titled - "On the rounds" or "Up With the Milkman"

scheduled to replace ITV early morning news

concept: free from early morning madness and loudness (which, let's face it, nobody on this earth wants....), we can, prior to facing the inevitable daily grind, just lie down in bed and stare in a sublime vegetative half-conscious state at the tv screen as we watch a huge variety of milkmen from all over Great Britain working industriously to get "the white stuff" on to our doorsteps in time for brekky. Each milkman (and his helpers - let's not forget their contributions) shall be pursued on their rounds by one of 67 billion cameras fixed to the tops of lamposts all across Britain. Each unit shall be followed for approximately 3-5 minutes - ulitimately dependant on the quality of their individual performances on any particular morning.

It shall be written into the contracts of every single milkman employed in the industry that he/she must be readily welcoming of the intrusion of this extensive network of cameras and shall also be required to occasionally perform a brief jig (this would be prompted from a buzzer he/she wears that is operated from Milk Round Central Command based in Shropshire.

The programme would only run while it still remains dark during the hours specified for screening. This is for reasons of ambience and watchability.
In time for the show's premiere screening, there shall be some new state-of-the-art 3D-type glasses available to the general public as part of a TV-Times promotion. These will enable the viewer to better view the milkmen and their various helpers as they work their rounds.

More ideas to follow......

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2005, 10:42 AM
LMAO...this could be a hit Woody! :laugh:

05-12-2005, 02:03 AM
I'm sure it would be a massive hit. I've no doubts about it!

And once the live bit is done, at 6am we could nudge GMTV back a half hour and have it begin at 6:30am, thus allowing a half-hour slot for the "Up With the Milkmen" highlights show. Better still, sod that idea and have the highlights show on Saturday night/Sunday morning and run it for a whole hour, say between 3:00am-4:00am. This would allow us to see the very best of the spontaneous Irish jigs performed by the creme de la creme of Great British milkmen during any one particular week.

Why Irish jigs?? - because when i spent a weekend in Dublin a few years back it was not difficult to notice that every so often you would encounter some individuals (not always the natives) who would suddenly just break out into a little jig, which i found just wonderful to witness. What cheerier sight could one be presented with first thing in the morning than that of an anonymous milkman performing his/her own merry little Gaelic dance routine as he/she travels from doorstep to doorstep??

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
06-12-2005, 10:09 AM
.......... and then we could have Milkmen Action Figures which the kids would go mad over. I can see it now...:

Kid A: "Mummy, I want Milkman Bob"
Kid B: "No I want him"
Mother of A: "Maybe next time, let the other boy have him. How about you have Milkman Sam instead?
Kid A: "But I wanted Bob!!!" *runs off and sulks in the womens department*

Excellent!
12-12-2005, 02:44 AM
Hey Woody

A great idea the trouble is you'd catch the odd one having a quickie, and then there'd have to be a follow up, showing the emotional break down as a seperate show.

Would you swap your wife for this one or that one?

Maureen
Northern angel :angel_not

PS I love creative thinking. Now see what you've done, can't get the top of the milk bottle. I'll have to get outside help, oh no! they've done a jig down the street.:naughty:
12-12-2005, 02:46 AM
Woody,

Definitely a hit. It could very easily run away with you. MM

Apologies, couldn't stop laughing for naughty thoughts.

Maureen
Northern angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sexiest Reality TV Contestant Haydon_acc2 15 2,170 29-03-2007 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isis
  Reality Tv Gameshows ultimatesurvivor 3 850 04-05-2005 03:16 PM
Last Post: mezzio
  A moan about reality progs Critique 6 1,069 10-03-2005 05:54 PM
Last Post: Voice of reason