Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebus
02-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Rebus

Anyone watch this? Have to say I was looking so forward this, made myself a salsa, got some chilli dorrittios (sp?), a glass of red wine and settled down tosee Ken Stott in action as Rebus and I was a tad disappointed! The Falls is my favourite Rebus book and they tore it to shreds! Yes, it said it was based on the book but just using the same names is hardly basing it on the book! If I was Ian Rankin I don't think I would be too happy - Siobahn's character was not what I imagined either, I would have liked someone more fiesty!

And when he asked Siobahn for a lift to the Oxford and then missed his date that just finished it for me - from where he asked her for a lift he could have walked it in 5 mintues and then he ends up on the other side of town to see his date walking home!

The next one is to be Fleshmarket Close that was another really good read, I just wonder what SMG will change in that one?

I am just off to read The Falls again as I am really confused now! :blink:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Rebus
I just watched it and was a bit disappointed. They didn't make it clear how she was the sister in the end and not the daughter...or was I being thick (no comments required Floops), and I have never seen a policeman just walk off from a murder scene before.

A bit weak...but I shall give it the benefit of the doubt for another week.
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Rebus
I was disappointed too Bella - Ken Stott is just not Rebus for me - he lacks the dry humour and personally, I find his acting style wrong here. He kind of overplays the underacting, if you get what I mean and is too recognisable as what's his name from Messiah.

I've always seen Rebus as a sort of Denis Lawson type, but he's probably too old to play him now. :sad:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
03-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Rebus
I watched this. I was quite looking forward to it as the adverts looked great, but i got bored half way through. It wasnt my kinda thing at all.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
03-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Rebus
I thought it was a bit slow and if Flip was the sister why was she given away? The highlight for me was seeing the woman who played the retired nurse as her grandson is in my daughter's class!

The guy who played the admin sort of person at the private hospital what has he been in before? He reminds me of Alan Cummings but I have seen him in something before and forgot to catch his name when the credits went up.

And I never thought I would say this but I think preferred John Hannah in the role!

03-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Rebus
I thought that about John hannah, but didn't dare say Cool

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
03-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Rebus
I watched the first 5 minutes and got a bad feeling about it, so turned over the Balderdash and Piffle. Much more my cup of tea.
03-01-2006, 03:37 PM
Rebus
Bella Wrote:if Flip was the sister why was she given away?

Surely Flip was the sister and the daughter of Fiona as they both shared the same father?

I haven't read the book but I thought it moved a bit slowly and too much time was spent on the Rebus/Miranda relationship. I always find police dramas get ruined by unrelated lovey dovey slush.
03-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Rebus
maxine Wrote:Surely Flip was the sister and the daughter of Fiona as they both shared the same father?

I haven't read the book but I thought it moved a bit slowly and too much time was spent on the Rebus/Miranda relationship. I always find police dramas get ruined by unrelated lovey dovey slush.

:wallbash: Duh, Max of course - what would we do without you! :w00t: Fiona was obviously in denial - read the book though it is so much better than what was on last night - in fact it's a completely different story! They should have done it in 2 or 3 parts then they could more to the original plot in the book.

03-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Rebus
I mucked up setting the video for this last night - after reading you lot it seems that I haven't missed much!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?