Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebus
03-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Rebus

So no need for my voodoo??? I forgot about it coming on and didn't make them...so y'all lucked out! Was it really that bad???? I HATE to read a book and see the movie/tv movie and it suck an egg!!!! I still think John Hannah's hot and I'm USED to him being Rebus. And I REALLY liked Fleshmarket Close (it was called Fleshmarket Alley here....cuz not everyone knows what a close is I reckon!). Sibhon's character is feisty so they need someone to fit the bill!! Anyway....sorry girls.:shocking:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Rebus
Very disappointed.....Sad

They cut so much of the story out much of the suspense (if not all) was lost and they gave the game away to early as to who it was.....Ken Stott was ok in what seemed a largely numbed down interpretation of the role....I read an article that said this was their intention....:shocking:

It really needed to be a two parter.....I look forward, with less enthusiasm, to the next one...

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Rebus
Bella Wrote:The guy who played the admin sort of person at the private hospital what has he been in before? He reminds me of Alan Cummings but I have seen him in something before and forgot to catch his name when the credits went up.

Just in case anyone else was wondering (though you probably ain't are you but I am going to tell you anyway) he is in Shoebox Zoo!

btw - I am reading the book as I have said and they have missed out SO MUCH more that I actually realised. In fact I am thinking of writing to SMG to complain! I am also going to write to Ian Rankin just to get his views on it.

btw - Msgirl, I was at Fleshmarket Close yesterday. We were at the Eygytian Exhibition of Thutmose III at the City Art Centre and Fleshmarket Close is just right next to it, across from Waverely Station! Oooh, it gave me the creeps.................just along from Coastie's favourite place in Edinburgh.................The Dungeons! :devil:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
05-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Rebus
I am I alone in loving it??

Although this is where I pull it to shreds - the tv dramatisation was so far removed from the book, it was as though Ian Rankin had purposely thought I am gonna confuse Flip [me Flip not Flip Balfour]!!

For one: I am convinced that Flip Balfour was one of the murder victims. Bella hon, let me know when you re-read this I must have lent mine out [gawd knows why] but I can't find it.

Two: the coffins are not on such obvious display as they were shown - they are tucked away on the third floor - and have to be sought out! They are real and really exciting however.

Three: Siobhan was initially disappointing - but to be fair she did grow on me, she was just badly cast. She was far too young and far too naive to be a Det Sgt, and she wasn't feisty enough for me.

But where I disagree with most is that Ken Stott is Rebus, I told Ian Rankin in 2002 that was the case and he obviously listened to me and therefore Ken Stott is now Rebus.

Miranda, however is not the Miranda I know, nope ... not sure what is wrong with her maybe youth, myabe grogeousness - but not the lady I know who sleeps with Rebus.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

06-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Rebus
Flip Wrote:I am I alone in loving it??

Although this is where I pull it to shreds - the tv dramatisation was so far removed from the book, it was as though Ian Rankin had purposely thought I am gonna confuse Flip [me Flip not Flip Balfour]!!

Miranda, however is not the Miranda I know, nope ... not sure what is wrong with her maybe youth, myabe grogeousness - but not the lady I know who sleeps with Rebus.

It wasn't Ian Rankin who wrote the TV drama Flippy, it was SMG who changed it around and re-reading the book they made a very poor show of it - they have missed out chunks.

Miranda's character is the same but not the same if you see what I mean, she is the curator of the museum but Rebus had not had liason's with her before but they changed the name from the book.

Interestingly the first Rebus was in fact set up John Hannah's production company so maybe that's why he got the role.

Flip, (you on the board)I am not going to spoil what happens to Flip in the book for those who have not read the book but I'll pm you in the morning or even better I'll give you the book and you can re-read it!

I loved seeing Edinburgh in all it's glory but I am going to have to give Ken Stott a wee while longer to get in this role - he was good but it just didn't seem right and I thought he would have been perfect too, maybe I expected too much eh?! Smile

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
06-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Rebus
Bella Wrote:.................just along from Coastie's favourite place in Edinburgh.................The Dungeons! :devil:

:shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
10-01-2006, 05:34 AM
Rebus
Well, as I was watching the Series finale for 'Waking the Dead', where Spencer gets shot.....don't spoil it for me!!!!, they had an advert for a 'Rebus Redux' for the John Hannah 'Rebus'-es all day this coming Sunday and the new 'Rebus' will air Monday night with Ken Stott. Of course this is on BBCAmerica. So I will get to see how bad it was as the book is still fresh in my mind. :glare:

17-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Rebus
f'ck a duck, I MISSED him last night!!!:angry:

20-01-2006, 01:12 AM
Rebus
Well, I was WRONG....it's coming on THIS Monday on BBCAmerica. From the looks of the adverts for it, I'm confused already!!:wacko: I'll have to watch and pass judgement and report back. I haven't been too long reading 'The Falls' and it's fresh in my mind BUT I've lent it out to someone.:wallbash:

26-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Rebus
If it wasn't called 'The Falls' it would have been so-so, but it was all jacked up re: story line and I'm sorely disappointed!!:cry: