Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record your first sighting of domestic Christmas decorations here!
15-11-2006, 10:16 PM

I've not seen anybody in ordinary houses with their decs up yet.

But when I do I will record it here.

Let's see who can spot one first - photos please if possible!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Last friday on the way to the supermarket, someones front garden was full of grotesque Christmas deco's and lights.

Will get a pic sorted on Friday and post. We nearly crashed the car when we saw them.....:wacko:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
16-11-2006, 07:48 AM
I've got a fairly good idea where the first set will be in my little part of town. Once this house put there stuff up the rest of the street just seem to follow like they can't bear to be left out! I bet as I'm typing they are sorting out last year's decs and dusting them off to put them up at the weekend!

it's just trashy imo! :evilmad:
16-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Nope, havent seen anyone with decs up yet, but i will let you know when i do. Even our thoroughfare hasnt turned the main street lights on yet, so i hope the houses dont decorate their houses JUST yet.

Im sure Mr.B will put our up on the weekend of 2nd Dec. I dont mind him doing the outside, but i hate the inside ones being up so early as its impossible to dust !!

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
16-11-2006, 11:02 AM
there's a circular sort of poison pen letter going around our area warning people not to put decorations up outside their houses..

THIS IS A MIDDLE CLASS AREA.
AFTER THE RUBBISH AND TAT SEEN 'ADORNING' YOUR HOUSES AT HOLLOWEEN TAKE THIS AS A WARNING THAT WE WILL NOT PUT UP WITH YOUR LOWERING OF THE TONE OF THIS NEIGHBOURHOOD BY DOING THE SAME WITH CHRISTMAS 'DECORATIONS'.

GO BACK TO THE NORTHSIDE OF DUBLIN OR WHEREVER YOU CAME FROM AND TAKE YOUR KNACKERY BEHAVIOUR WITH YOU.
YOU ARE REDUCING THE VALUE OF OUR HOUSES AND IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.....

have duly instructed Urk to inflate large snowmen and santas on the grass, dangle outdoor lights from every available tree, and have a recording of 'HO HO HO' booming out of a loudspeaker every 20 mins......

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
16-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Blummin 'ell TE - that is terrible. It is quite a threatening note isnt it.

Bah Humbug to them :mellow:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
16-11-2006, 11:37 AM
It really upset my friend accross the road, a separated woman with four youngish boys, as she always makes a huge effort at hollow'een with pumpkins and lanterns, candles & skeletons in the windows etc...

b'stards.

bam bam
16-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Tigereye Wrote:there's a circular sort of poison pen letter going around our area warning people not to put decorations up outside their houses..

THIS IS A MIDDLE CLASS AREA.
AFTER THE RUBBISH AND TAT SEEN 'ADORNING' YOUR HOUSES AT HOLLOWEEN TAKE THIS AS A WARNING THAT WE WILL NOT PUT UP WITH YOUR LOWERING OF THE TONE OF THIS NEIGHBOURHOOD BY DOING THE SAME WITH CHRISTMAS 'DECORATIONS'.

GO BACK TO THE NORTHSIDE OF DUBLIN OR WHEREVER YOU CAME FROM AND TAKE YOUR KNACKERY BEHAVIOUR WITH YOU.
YOU ARE REDUCING THE VALUE OF OUR HOUSES AND IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.....

have duly instructed Urk to inflate large snowmen and santas on the grass, dangle outdoor lights from every available tree, and have a recording of 'HO HO HO' booming out of a loudspeaker every 20 mins......

in your case I make a definite excpetion TE. make sure you put something up that plays Jingle Bells (or smililar) an a loop at maximum volume aswell!

who wrote these letters? have they had the guts to sign it? or do you kind of have an inkling who wrote it?
16-11-2006, 01:28 PM
It wasn't signed Dol, and sent to about 30 or so houses.

My friend, who really took it personally and was quite rattled by it, and I and a few others have reported it to our local association and the council, but they claim there's nothing they can do and to just ignore it.

But it's taken the shine off things. She, and we to a lesser extent, always make an effort to make the gardens look nice each year. We live opposite each other in the corner houses / entrance to our road, and peeps always used to say how welcoming it was to turn into the road and see the christmas lights on our trees and stuff.

It cost a few bob, and a bit of effort, but we always enjoyed doing it.
Now she says she's afraid of retalliation if she does it this year.

bam bam
16-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Tigereye Wrote:It wasn't signed Dol, and sent to about 30 or so houses.

My friend, who really took it personally and was quite rattled by it, and I and a few others have reported it to our local association and the council, but they claim there's nothing they can do and to just ignore it.

But it's taken the shine off things. She, and we to a lesser extent, always make an effort to make the gardens look nice each year. We live opposite each other in the corner houses / entrance to our road, and peeps always used to say how welcoming it was to turn into the road and see the christmas lights on our trees and stuff.

It cost a few bob, and a bit of effort, but we always enjoyed doing it.
Now she says she's afraid of retalliation if she does it this year.

Im afraid that the letter would be like a red rag to a bull to me - I would deck the halls, roof, windows and garden and make sure they were all singing and all dancing decorations........

the miserable fe**ers.............havent got the balls to sign the letter then? Send a copy to your local paper, im sure they will be glad of a bah humbug story...... :devil:

when I was in Devon the next road to ours looked like an amusement arcade, but the kids loved it, I wasnt paying for it, so each to their own - I hate bluddy Xmas decs, they just gather dust and make the place look untidy, but thats more to do with my borderline OCD than being a miserable old witch.......... I think..............:ninja:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Saedhb 4 1,693 24-12-2009 02:23 PM
Last Post: Rob
  Christmas cupcakes jeryruse 2 1,268 17-12-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Christmas spinach filo torte jeryruse 1 1,241 17-12-2009 12:59 PM
Last Post: jeryruse
  Tired of Christmas yet? karenh 8 2,018 28-12-2008 10:45 AM