Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research
08-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Research

Hello everyone, you may remember me, last week I asked everyone why they watched I'm a celebrity... thank you for your responses, since then I forgot my log on... oppps.

Any how, I am a student studying television and I am writing an essay on I'm a celebrity. I am particularly interested in I’m a celebrity as like all of you, each series I'm hooked, regardless of whose is in the jungle I watch it without fail.

So cut to the point, would you mind if I posted a few questions as part of my research?? :unsure:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Research
Fine by me! But then, I am only a member and have no say in anything at all! :unsure:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
08-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Research
hazel stroker Wrote:would you mind if I posted a few questions as part of my research?? :unsure:

Yep, fine Hazel, I've asked Haydon and he says it ok.Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Research
Ask away Hazel!!! Cool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Research
Thanks guys! Ok, well, I have a bit more reading to do with regard to the subject I am exploring - the social construction of a 'celebrity', so at this moment in time I haven't prepared my questions. I will most definately post them either in the early hours of this moring or tomorrow.

Cheers... :tv_happy:
13-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Research
I watch it because it's just so damn cosy. I mean there you have what would normally be 10 egocentrics cooped up in their own little world with their normal lives having been broken down to surviving on the bare essentials. But that's not it really. It's just ten people sitting around a campfire and the tv coverage is your very own ticket to sit around the fire with them. It's about grumbling when you pick up a tabloid and discover who the ten celebrities are going to be for the new series and saying to yourself "Oh they've really messed it up this time with these selections". And yet, 3-4 days into the actual coverage you find yourself warming to them. It works every time. Obviously there are some celebs who we are none the wiser about after even one week in there but they soon get found out and they get voted off anyway (Nell McAndrew, Chris Elsom, Diane Modahl......)
I'd like to see two separate camps of ten in there based approximately a hundred yards apart and see celebs competing against each other for choice meals rather than the current format. I'd also like to see the celebs be more innovative. I'll give you a simple example: Huggy had a really cool silvery beach ball and yet no-one in the camp even suggested playing volleyball to while away the time. I mean Sophie and Nancy could have had a trial game just to ignite the interest!! Vic tried stuff but unfortunately Bob was thousands of miles away so it didn't really materialise into anything. I think the tone of the show was set when Joe Pasquale stated that he wasn't going to perform right from the off - did we expect a performance?? Sheila too. At times you could almost sense a handful of the celebs were going out of their way to be a little too normal. For Christs sake let off some steam!!! - and I don't mean the false steam that Natalie let off either. I'm talking about Rhona Cameron type steam - that's more like it!! :bye: