Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Research
22-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Research

I have been thinking about newbies and ways of encouraging guests to join up and post and it struck me that we could conduct some research on the matter. I am wondering if there is any correlation between newbies welcomed by Cat's goats and those who go on to become forum regulars?

What I propose is that we split all newbies into three groups: a) A 'Welcomed by Goats' group. b) A 'non-goat' group and c) A 'welcomed by cheese' group by way of control.

Obviously we will need to speak to Cat to arrange use of the goats (provided they are not booked for any weddings or Bar Mitzvahs) and to arrange the rolling out of the cheese.

This is just a rough outline of the plan and I have not gone as far as to develop a formal hypothesis, frankly, as you can see, I could do with some help Wink

Anyway, as a rough idea and an exercise in pointlessness and lunacy, what do you think?
Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Research
I think it's a good idea, and would bring a scientific approach to what has so far been an area of wild speculation.

Could we have lots of charts and graphs please?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
22-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Research
Personally I would find this chap more welcoming than a goat:

[Image: pr-840430.jpg]

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Research
This was my welcome from Cat:

Quote: Hello Fee for all....I hope you enjoy SO.

I dont'.
:sad:

No goats, just a misplaced apostrophe ... :sad:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
22-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Research
Fee For All Wrote:This was my welcome from Cat:

No goats, just a misplaced apostrophe ... :sad:

Is that why you stayed.....to correct the grammer and punctuation of the board users...if so do you give private lessons as mine sucks!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
22-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Research
Coastie Wrote:Is that why you stayed.....to correct the grammer and punctuation of the board users...if so do you give private lessons as mine sucks!

I do spelling as well as grammAr :w00t:

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
22-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Research
Cool...right erm...how much do you charge, as you can see I need alot of help!

22-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Research
I'd love to help Coastie, but even I know my limitations :ohmy:

Anyway, what has grammar and spelling got to do with entertaining posts?

[SIZE=3]

[/url]
[/SIZE]
22-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Research
Are you saying you're not tough enough for the challenge? :boxing:

I'm still waiting for an English teacher friend of mine to come back with all the corrections that needed to be made in my latest screen-play...he's had it for three months now :sad: I know I told him no rush but three months! :ohmy: I wanna make my corrections and get the darn thing posted on the triggerstreet so I can get some reviews and make it a work of art! :cool2:

Anyway...what was this thread about? :bag:

22-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Research
I believe it was goats, cheese and non goats welcoming posts.

I think it's a fantastic idea, as long as I can include some garlic and herb roulade..

[Image: cheese_roule_herb.jpg]

[Image: 429.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Girls only- a serious bit of research *Adult content* Bob 75 4,013 14-06-2005 04:16 PM
Last Post: PJ