Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return to Sierra Leone
05-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Return to Sierra Leone

I'm getting very excited - I'm going back to Sierra Leone again next month!

When I got back last time I posted about a home for ex-street kids that we visited, it really moved me when I visited there and I know that if I had the chance I'd be going back. This time when I go back the project I'll be working on is building new accomodation for the street kids (the charity is in rented accomodation at the moment).
The idea is that when the project is complete they'll be able to take 100 kids a year off the streets, counsel them, give them medical attention where needed and get them into school with an aim of eventually being able to reunite them with family. The team I'm going with will be the first team to work on this project and I'm so happy that I'll be able to be there at the start of it.

Also while we're there we'll visit all the other projects that the charity has connections with, which includes the hospital we worked at last time and the old folks home where we had all our meals.

Here's a link to my sponsorship page just in case anyone would like to sponsor me - I've paid for the trip so any money raised from sponsors will go into the project I'll be working on: http://www.justgiving.com/AliMarsh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Return to Sierra Leone
Way to go Minks....:applause:

Excellent...it is wonderfully fulfilling when you can take part in something that makes such a huge difference to other peoples lives isn't it. Smile

Have an amazing time!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Return to Sierra Leone
Thanks Coastie - I was suprised how much I enjoyed myself last time I went. It made me aware of how lucky I am and how easy my life is in comparison.

Only 6 weeks to go!!
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sierra Leone Minklemar 21 2,912 21-06-2006 08:26 AM
Last Post: Coastie