Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robin hood
14-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Robin hood

Anyone see the first episode last weekend?

I was mildly interested and Rothera was really looking forward to this new BBC series.
Unfortunately we were both disapointed, i laughed when i noticed how much makeup was on the female cast, i'm sure they didn't have that kind of thing untill a much later date.
Thing is stuff like that could be excused if it was a more Xena kind of aproach, but it didn't seem to be heading in that direction, but it also didn't seem like an ultra serious drama either, i think that's why we found it a bit flat.

Hopefully it'll improve, i would like to see it be more fun Smile

[Image: atom.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Robin hood
I think the problem was the had to set up the situation for future episodes. I think in the next few weeks everything will be much slicker as a back story has now been set up, and the fun and frolics cant start!

I'm looking forward to it tonight!

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Robin hood
It was okay I suppose. Cant understand why everyones hyping up Robin as a right bit of stuff (the lantern jaw puts me off), when Guy of Gisburne outsexes him every time he appears.... :wub:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
15-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Robin hood
it was watchable I thought and good for kids.

I wasn't overly keen cos there was no sex appeal about any of the cast (moi, shallow?!), I mean it comes to something when Keith Allen is the most appealing male in a programme doesn't it! (should I have kept that to myself?!)
16-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Robin hood
It`s watchable but I only record it to watch when there is nothing else on
16-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Robin hood
Dolores Wrote:I mean it comes to something when Keith Allen is the most appealing male in a programme doesn't it! f?!)

lol!! He's singer Lily Allen's dad isn't he?

bam bam
16-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Robin hood
He is and I bet he hates hearing that all the time, seeing as he's been around for yonks.

I was going to try and start getting into it this weekend, until I heard one of the cheesy lines: "I shot the Sherrif!" "No, you actually shot his Deputy." Huh

I know they're trying to make it "modern" to appeal to kids, but how many kids would get that?

Give me the good auld period lingo any time, forsooth. :nerd:
16-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Robin hood
Patsy Wrote:He is and I bet he hates hearing that all the time, seeing as he's been around for yonks.

I was going to try and start getting into it this weekend, until I heard one of the cheesy lines: "I shot the Sherrif!" "No, you actually shot his Deputy." Huh

I know they're trying to make it "modern" to appeal to kids, but how many kids would get that?

Give me the good auld period lingo any time, forsooth. :nerd:

Gadzooks Pats, you are quite right. I heard the "I shot the Sheriff" quote and promptly switched channels. Its gettin on my nerves now.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]