Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SOMBA 2006.....Eeek!
28-12-2005, 11:50 AM
SOMBA 2006.....Eeek!

[SIZE="7"]SOMBA 2006 - COMING SOON![/SIZE]

To all who have submitted their usernames in the 'Somba 2006 - be part of it!' thread in the coffee lounge...I salute you and thank-you. However, it's time for the usual disclaimer, well I wouldn't want to be sued for defamation of character etc...

[COLOR="Purple"]Any persons mentioned, in what is likely to be a completely random work of fiction, are not true reflections of those whose names are being used (except PJ).

If a character bearing your username dies a less than heroic death it is simply because that's what happens in SOMBA Tales. If your character dies heroically then so be it...you are no more important to the writer than the one who died from slipping on effluent left by a hairy mammouth so don't go around the rest of the board gloating...afterall you are still as dead as the last guy/girl.

If by some unforseen miracle your name sake survives to the bitter end then horrah....but again I will not be going out to buy curtains with you or splashing out on an expensive meal for two....it simply happened and is not a reflection of my overwhelming love for you.

Obviously somethings have been a traditional part of the SOMBA Tales, alongside of course the mass death and destruction, so look out for them.....afterall it wouldn't be a SOMBA Tale without the odd aircraft crash or sex crazed maniac or two! [/COLOR]

So here's to January 2006 and the start of a new adventure!

P.S. If you haven't put your name down yet there's still time in the coffee lounge! :wink2:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2005, 09:29 PM
SOMBA 2006.....Eeek!
The official commencement date for SOMBA 2006 is....WEDNESDAY JANUARY 4th 2006....

You have until then to get your name on the list....after that the doors close and you will not play a role in the adventure of a lifetime!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
04-01-2006, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2006 09:07 AM by Coastie.)
SOMBA 2006.....Eeek!
Right...the final cast list is:

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Patsy
PJ
Bella
Ils
Bob
Rob
Andrea
Mississippi Girl a.k.a.MissG
Minklemar a.k.a. Minks
Mazwad a.k.a. Mazza
Taffy
Flip
Nox a.k.a.Noxie
Secrets
Critique a.k.a. Crit
Kittencat a.k.a. KC
Bonsai a.k.a. Bonnie
Tigereye a.k.a. TE
Fee For All a.k.a. Fee
Mellors
Buzz
Cat
Jaycee
JakeyBoy a.k.a. JB
Me1968 [/COLOR]

''For those who are about to die...I salute you!'':sly:

04-01-2006, 09:33 AM
SOMBA 2006.....Eeek!
And so it begins.....

The sun crept over the horizon as the final line was cast and the giant luxury motor yacht parted company with the dock. The passengers waved to loved ones as they watched them disappear from view; the joy of adventures to come echoing through their actions.

"Set course two three zero; seven knots" ordered Captain Buzz as she gazed forward through the bridge windows, her mind rapidly calculating what was required to get her vessel clear of the harbour restrictions and out into the open sea.

"Two four zero; seven knots, aye!" responded Fee as she delicately adjusted the power of the vessels huge twin engines to accomplish the task.

A young boy cheered as he watched the beautiful, sleek, blue and white hulled craft sail gracefully past him and out through the harbour entrance. He ran down to the shore and yelled "Go Somba...Go!". He smiled as the he smiled in awe as he continued to observe the 'Somba' as she vanished from view round a headland. "See you again some day!" he sighed as turning for home.

04-01-2006, 11:28 AM
SOMBA 2006.....Eeek!
"Auto pilot on Captain" reported Fee.

"Thank-you. You can take your break now, I have the con" replied Capt. Buzz as she stepped over to observe the radar and plotting screen situated within easy sight of the helm.

Fee nodded her acceptance of the command and headed out through the door of the bridge and down the passageway towards her cabin.

Capt. Buzz rolled her neck and worked out the tiny knot that always formed there when she first left port. That done she was able to relax and start to enjoy the movement of the boat beneath her. Two other crew members stood ready to respond to any order their Captain may have. "Can you take the helm" requested Buzz of one of the two young men. He immediately stepped up allowing Buzz the freedom to move to the chart table. She stared at the planned rout which had been plotted with approximate timings notated. She smiled, happy that everything was indeed shipshape.

It was to be a three month long cruise taking in some of the most beautiful islands of the South Pacific and then some. The 'Somba' was the newest craft in the Haydon Lines fleet and it showed. Buzz had been selected to command this most desirable of vessels having served the company well over the last twelve years. Her maritime success however had come at a price. She had never married or even had a serious relationship for that matter and this was because her one true love was the ocean. It made her heart leap everytime she entered it's vast blueness and she had been known to weep when she was forced to step ashore for any period of time. Yes, if ever there was anyone to command the pride of the Haydon Fleet it was Buzz.

"Latest weather report ma'am" reported the other young crewman as he held out a printout of a synoptic chart and a typed forecast.

Capt. Buzz laid it out on the chart table and read. Her brow creased ever so slightly as the words on the page sunk in.

04-01-2006, 12:46 PM
SOMBA 2006.....Eeek!
Bob and Rob watched as the last tip of land disappeared from view and then followed the majority of other guests down to the large horse shoe shaped bar. The sound of gentle jazz rippled from the quartet of assorted musicians in the far corner and any smoke was being sucked up and out through powerful vents almost as quickly as it was blown through the lips of those who puffed away on a mix of cigars and cigarettes. A lone pipe smoker sat quietly as he obsorbed the sounds and sights around him. He saw Bob and Rob enter the bar and seeing a young couple so in love brought a tear to his eye. He sighed heavily, this action followed by a slight splutter of a smokers cough, then he took a tiny sip of his double whiskey.

The music stopped and the piano player spoke into a microphone "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard the 'Somba'. We hope you will enjoy your time with us and to get your holiday started with a real swing the crew are proud to present the southern belle, a true Mississippi Girl, MissG".

MissG stepped out from behind the curtain, which provided the backdrop for the band, and slinked up to the microphone stand. Men gasped and women bit the bullet of mild envy as, clad in a sparkling, tight fitting bright red dress, MissG smiled seductively and then began to sing in a voice that seemed made from gargling gravel, so smooth and yet so rough.

"Wow she's good!" highlighted Rob as he and Bob ordered their drinks and leaned against the bar to listen.

"Yeah, I guess" said Bob not wanting to admit her new husband was correct in his observations, afterall the singer had legs she would die for and the most beautiful long blonde hair with a front set that would shame Dolly Parton, basically she was a newly weds worst nightmare. "Tart" scoffed Bob inside her head.

04-01-2006, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2006 01:05 PM by Coastie.)
SOMBA 2006.....Eeek!
PJ entered the bar as MissG finished her first song. The young, cocky spoilt child of a self made millionaire stank of money. His custom made suit and patent leather shoes would have made him stand out in almost any crowd but add to that two of the most gorgeous women on the face of the earth, one on each arm, and no-one missed his entrance. The gaggle of guests at the bar parted to allow the man and his women access. PJ smiled and whispered something into the ear of Crit, on his left arm, who giggled girlishly in response. He then turned and whispered into Maz's ear, who was on his right arm, causing her to blush then he oredered the predictable bottle of the best champagne. "In fact make that two bottles" he said before turning to find a seat. The trio found a vacant booth and wiggled in, PJ in the middle of the two women, an arm round each of their shoulders. The other men hid their gealousy well fearing reprucussions from their own partners should they admire the view. The other woman rolled their eyes in a way that suggested that PJ's two women had undone all the work of the womens lib movement from the last goodness knows how many years. PJ looked like the lord of the manor as Crit and Maz snuggled into their man and listened to the music as they all waited for their drinks.

04-01-2006, 01:22 PM
SOMBA 2006.....Eeek!
It had been a long day already for Fee who had simply flaked out on her bunk after being relived from the bridge. She had fallen to sleep almost instantly and the dreams had started shortly afterwards. They always started. They always started as nice dreams, dreams in which she was free and enjoying life, dreams in which she knew no fear and had no responsibilities; yes that's how they started.

Capt. Buzz looked at the words on the sheet again and then back at the synoptic chart. "Looks like we have a spot of weather coming up!' she confirmed to her two crew members who had already clocked this fact from her expression earlier on. "Make a course of two seven zero and make your speed twenty five knots" she ordered.

"Aye" was the immediate reply and instantly she began to feel the vessel obey the command also.

MissG finished her second song amidst raptous applause. In the same instant Bob downed the last of her first drink and ordered a second. Rob failed to catch himself in time and gave her a slightly dissaproving look; he only being halway through his drink. "What?" snapped Bob.

"Nothing" defended Rob as he looked away, slightly hurt at the sharp reaction he had just received.

Bob felt a tiny pang of guilt "Sorry!" she said accepting her large vodka and tonic from the hunky barman. "I'm just a little tired I guess. It's been a long day" she concluded as she took a sip of her drink through a slim, lime green straw.

"Yeah it has" replied Rob, feeling instantly repreived "Maybe we should finish these and call it a night!" he suggested, indicating to the drinks.

"That would be good" replied Bob closing in on Rob and performing a single handed hug "Afterall it is our wedding night" she added as she went up on tip toes and kissed him gently on the cheek.

"That it is" replied Rob, bending slightly and kissing Bob on the lips. The kiss lasted only a few moments but said all they needed to know. They were in love, so much so that should they ever be seperated they would simply wilt away and die.

04-01-2006, 02:07 PM
SOMBA 2006.....Eeek!
"Shall I be mother" husked Crit as she reached for one of the large green bottles and without waiting for an answer began to pour the bubbly liquid into three tall glasses. Happy they were all filled to the correct level she took one and held it to PJ's lips. He took a sip and she placed the glass back on the table before leaning in and entering into a snog. Maz ignored the display of lust beside her and reached instead for her own glass of champagne. She downed the glass in a couple of seconds and poured herself another glass as PJ disconnected from Crit and turned towards her.

"Hey babe, let's not get to carried away just yet" he whispered as he leaned in and began kissing her neck. Maz leaned her head back and in the same action placed her glass on the table then it was Crits turn to drink whilst PJ stuck his tongue down Maz's throat.

"Let's go" said Bob gently tugging Rob's arm as she saw the lustfilled antics of PJ and his women.

"Yeah" said Rob following her lead like an obedient labrador.

They exited the bar and headed towards their cabin. It seemed to Rob that the nearer they got the faster Bob seemed to be travelling. By the time the flung open the door to their luxurious cabin their hearts were racing. Bob dragged him into the room and used his body to slam the door shut. Before long it was fingers and hands everywhere as the couple fought to disrobe each other.

04-01-2006, 02:24 PM
SOMBA 2006.....Eeek!
"Poo poopy dop doop" sang Ils as she tottered precariously on five inch stilletos down a main passage way towards the dining room. She stumbled slightly, giggled drunkenly and then took a moment to compose herself before continuing her wobbly trek. She paused momentarily to adjust her thong, an action made easier by her very short skirt, and then swung through the doors. JB was setting the ten small round tables in the style of full silver service. He looked up as Ils burst into the room and watched as she tried to get her bearings before facing him. "Thissh is not the bar" she slurred before turning round and leaving JB alone to his task once more.

Flip closed the last of her oven doors and wiped her hands on her tea towel. "Okay people take a break and be back here in thirty!" she instructed her team of two assistant chefs. The pair didn't need telling twice and were out the door in an instant narrowly avoiding JB on his way in.

"All set chef!" JB reported.

"Excellent. Thank-you JB. Take your break now with the others and I'll see you back here at five" replied Flip as she flipped the button on the electric kettle.

"Yes chef!" replied JB and then he was gone leaving Flip to make herself a hazlenut coffee to be consumed alongside some fresh cream coated strawberries.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SOMBA 2007...eek! Coastie 101 16,747 09-10-2007 03:20 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  SOMBA 2007 - Auditions Coastie 23 5,756 01-01-2007 08:07 PM
  SOMBA 2005 - Let the tale begin! Coastie 346 26,288 11-12-2005 12:57 PM
  A SOMBA TALE - The Finale Coastie 40 6,615 05-12-2004 03:27 PM