Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scary adverts ...
23-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Scary adverts ...

no, not the ones with Kerry Katona in Iceland looking like Council Estate non-chic!!! (gosh I'm such a snob sometimes!)

...the horrible ones advertising some seriously horrible horror flick - it's called the Grudge I think. My friend (34 years old!!) said they were freaking her out ... and my son slept in my bed two nights in a row cos they freaked him out!

are all the people I know chickens or do others think that these adverts are just too creepy to have on at random with no warning?!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Scary adverts ...
Not seen The Grudge one but the Iceland adverts sure are frightening. That Katona lassie's doing her career no favours at all.

Thon advert with the kids heads superimposed onto adults bodies freaks me out. It's just wrong.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
24-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Scary adverts ...
Dolores Wrote:no, not the ones with Kerry Katona in Iceland looking like Council Estate non-chic!!! (gosh I'm such a snob sometimes!)...?!

Those Iceland adverts are hilarious - that bloke waxing on about a curry for £1! - imagine what's in it - YUK! She always comes across as such a grubby chav to me anyway - sorry to any Kerry fans out there!
Find all posts by this user
24-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Scary adverts ...
MariaRob Wrote:sorry to any Kerry fans out there!

Tumbleweed blows past .........

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
24-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Scary adverts ...
PJ Wrote:Thon advert with the kids heads superimposed onto adults bodies freaks me out. It's just wrong.

Is that the advert for toilet tissue? If so, I find that one a bit weird too! It's just not natural.

Another that is weird is the cartoon people who are sausages then walk in and get a pair of glasses and then voila their lives are so much better - WTF???:shocking:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
24-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Scary adverts ...
Bella Wrote:Is that the advert for toilet tissue? :

That thick three ply stuff blocks your pipes and drains as well.
25-10-2006, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2006 03:48 PM by Pandora.)
Scary adverts ...
MariaRob Wrote:Those Iceland adverts are hilarious - that bloke waxing on about a curry for £1! - imagine what's in it - YUK! She always comes across as such a grubby chav to me anyway - sorry to any Kerry fans out there!

Cant understand why Iceland chose this woman to promote their products, let alone are keeping her on. She's guaranteed to have me running screaming away from the place.

I cant stand the advert where the little kid is sat on the toilet saying, "poooooooooooooooh" and holding his nose, at which point a kind, patronising adult comes in and presses a spray air freshner to get rid of the sh!ttyy smell....

I cant stand the advert with Gene Kelly's fixed smiling face superimposed onto a dancers body - it ends up looking like a grimace and the faces of the Happy Days cast superimposed on actors bodies (to advertise a car I think), are plain frightening.

The scariest advert was one shown near Christmas for a drink. It showed a Jack Frost type character, sinisterly leaping through the forest, looking incredibly evil, with a voice over saying, "Beware the Jub-Jub Man my son...." or something like that, I was too busy screaming hoarsely....... It apparently had thousands of complaints and was swiftly removed.

Cant say I find trailers for films particularly scary. The Grudge film looks stupid.

I notice the Marmite advert has been withdrawn too, following lots of complaints. Its the one with the huge giant blob of Marmite going down a street and people being swallowed up. Apparently kids were terrified....

Anyone remember the Green Giant advert way way back in the early 80s that was swiftly withdrawn? It featured a guy in a green lycra body suit running toward the camera (supposedly the Jolly Green Giant)........ unfortunately they failed to give him a jockstrap and his genitalia were bouncing all over the screen. My sister said it was the talk of the school, everyone at the bus stop and the newspapers for days afterwards. It was withdrawn lol...

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
25-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Scary adverts ...
I also hate that advert for Phones for U when they use those people that obviously have some kind of disability - are we supposed to be laughing at them??? They are bizarre in the extreme.
26-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Scary adverts ...
Special K and Weight watchers adverts irritate the living crap out of me too. Not scary I know (soz) but why do they always show women in these ads and no men? Pishes me off no end.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
27-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Scary adverts ...
The Domestos advert with the germ singing how he's going to make us all ill! :shocking:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Adverts! Bella 131 17,588 24-05-2007 12:11 PM
Last Post: Punkyfish
  Adverts Website Bonsai 1 627 08-06-2006 10:29 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Adverts Bella 15 1,837 24-04-2006 10:53 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Ruddy Adverts! Coastie 20 2,393 14-03-2005 06:20 PM
Last Post: Coastie