Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scary films
03-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Scary films

Ok what films do you remember from your younger days that frightened you?

My son is currently scared witless by Shaun of the Dead - which I let him watch (with me) cos he said "all my friends have seen it and I'm the only one who doesn't know what they're talking about" - any way like a fool I gave in although I did warn him that he wouldn't like it.

we watched it, it was OK (I even laughed a few times!) but that night he wanted to sleep in my bed - I was Ok with that cos I am quite a sympathetic mum sometimes! But .... this has been going on for about three weeks and unless he has friends over he sleeps in my bed, last night I put my foot down and wouldn't let him, so he slept on the floor in my bedroom!!! I hope he gets a grip soon - he definitely wont be watching anymore horror movies no matter how watered down they are!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Scary films
I always remember being terrified of 'The Cat and The Canary' which I watched when I was about 6. I just remember a hand coming out of the wall. I think it was a comedy.
03-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Scary films
maxine Wrote:I always remember being terrified of 'The Cat and The Canary' which I watched when I was about 6. I just remember a hand coming out of the wall. I think it was a comedy.

lol! i was going to put that one up.

yes, it was a comedy, it starred Bob Hope ... for years I thought a hand was going to come out of the wall and strangle me in my bed!

a load of cousins were staying when we watched that film, and I remember us all being scared and all playing tricks on each other at night and scaring the beejebus out of each other - of course inevitably rough-house turned to tears!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
03-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Scary films
The first one for me had to be The Exorcist. My friend and I snuck out of college early for the 5pm showing and we were the only 2 in there, also remember at this point it was one large cinema with a balcony as well not all the multi screens you have these days. That night I swore blind my bed was moving.

When my daughter was about 5ish she watched the Michael Jackson Thriller video and absolutly loved it and wanted it played each night before bed - yes she`s a strange girl
Find all posts by this user
03-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Scary films
Seabreeze Wrote:The first one for me had to be The Exorcist. My friend and I snuck out of college early for the 5pm showing and we were the only 2 in there, also remember at this point it was one large cinema with a balcony as well not all the multi screens you have these days. That night I swore blind my bed was moving.

When my daughter was about 5ish she watched the Michael Jackson Thriller video and absolutly loved it and wanted it played each night before bed - yes she`s a strange girl

good grief sb - what a toughie your daugher is. after the Shuan of the Dead debacle I think Thriller would just about finish my son off (and he's 12!!).

03-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Scary films
Dolores Wrote:good grief sb - what a toughie your daugher is. after the Shuan of the Dead debacle I think Thriller would just about finish my son off (and he's 12!!).
I think that when you are 5 though you only see people dressed up and dancing you don`t really know what scarey is. She now hides behinds cushions watching scarey films and she`s 22 !
03-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Scary films
I watched 'A Nightmare on Elmstreet' when I was 12 round my freinds house as her younger brother (8) had been allowed to rent it from the shop...I made my excuses to leave before the end (said I'd been naughty and had to be in by 8) and ran the 100yrds to my front door in a time that would have impressed Linford Christie...I didn't sleep a wink that night and hardly slept for the rest of the week. :shocking:

My mum was not a happy bunny with regards my freinds parents allowing us to watch the film but I asked her to leave it be so she did...next week my friends brother chose 'An American Werewolf in London' - I claimed to have been particularly naughty that week and left before they started to watch it! :bag:

I do not watch these kinds of films now as I know my imagination will not allow me to enjoy it and I will lose sleep and freak myself out! Blush

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
03-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Scary films
Seabreeze Wrote:The first one for me had to be The Exorcist. My friend and I snuck out of college early for the 5pm showing and we were the only 2 in there, also remember at this point it was one large cinema with a balcony as well not all the multi screens you have these days. That night I swore blind my bed was moving.

Flippin' eck SB..I have had two completely private screenings at my localish multiplex (Mission Impossible III & Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) and I was jumping and freaked by the surround sound...I would have peed my pants and ran if I'd been watching a horror! :surrender:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
03-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Scary films
I remember sitting up late on my own to watch the original Fly film and just as it got to the bit where the tiny fly with a human head cries "help me" a huge blue bottle buzzed past my ear. I screamed so loud I woke Mr M and the kids.
03-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Scary films
The Exorcist is the only film I remember being truly scared of. Oh, and the Omen, still scares me that one Cool .

Blood an guts films do nothing for me at all, I think I'm desensitised to it. And I've never been scared of monsters coming to get me cos I shared a room with my sister for 10 years and she was waaaay more terrifying than any monster :cry:

Bollox to potplants

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What Are Your Favourite Films Purple Passion 6 1,183 12-05-2008 09:45 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  What films are you looking forward to seeing / not going to see? tim_bucks 14 2,448 23-05-2007 07:56 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  New films to look out for!! Ziller 1 801 13-10-2006 10:07 AM
Last Post: Ziller
  Films have taught me... Coastie 13 1,724 31-07-2006 07:43 AM
  Films in my pants. secrets 97 5,982 06-10-2005 07:55 PM
Last Post: sayangmouse
  Films you hate/dislike/or rather not watch tonee 31 3,474 13-03-2005 12:32 AM
Last Post: tonee
  Films that have made an impact tonee 63 5,184 19-02-2005 02:37 PM