Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science - the dilemma
20-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Science - the dilemma

Watching the BB highlights tonight on Channel 4 was quite difficult. It is easy to objectively see both sides of the argument re Science.... On the GET SCIENCE OUT side.....it can be very hard to watch and listen to him by times... he just tends to go on and on and on and on and on, and the noise level of his voice is just a decibel too far..... We are only viewers who have a remote control to switch him off at any time, so it must be seriously hard on the other housemates to have to live with him in that claustrophobic atmosphere twenty four hours a day. They are visibly losing their reason even being in his company so I do feel a great deal of sympathy for them. I think however that Orla's hysterics over the towels being taken off the clothes drier was a tad over the top... either the very sight of Science at this stage has left her losing her mind and ready to attack... or it was tactical to set him off again. I think the former myself.. she is beginning to look borderline unbalanced and it would be best for her mentally to get out of that house on Friday. On the KEEP SCIENCE IN side....... Science is without doubt one of the most interesting housemates in the house, and while he does cause friction and arguments constantly... many times he is in the right, and has shown great integrity and a sense of self assurance that is attacked instantly by the others. I do not like to see the sight of one person in a group being left out... always on their own, with no one speaking to them... its a difficult thing to watch, and in spite of his tough exterior and loud mouth, it must be affecting him underneath it all. This I think is the dilemma facing Endemol and Channel 4. We are in the last three or so weeks of Big Brother, and they must feel a responsibility and need to keep it entertaining and fun and provide good tv .... the thought of just watching increasingly miserable housemates sitting around going mental with Science in their faces may not be the way to bring this series to a conclusion, it would not finish the series on a high note... perhaps they feel that it would be best if Science's time came to an end now .. and try to inject some real enthusiasm into the rest of them for the last few weeks. On the other hand.... would it be entertaining to see them all self destruct and watch the Loud man walk away with the top prize. What does everyone else think about the whole Science issue... should he stay or should he go ?

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2005, 06:15 AM
Science - the dilemma
He should stay, Nadia was a bashing on the ears with her screaching and wailing last year (yes not quite so bad, but annoying).

Orla's rants arn't entertaining but his are and Endermols priority it to entertain us and keep us watching and voting.
21-07-2005, 06:38 AM
Science - the dilemma
I would keep Science in. He provides at least some entertainment, whereas I find nothing Orlaith does or says interesting in any way. The constant preening and wearing of high heels (even playing tennis) and bikinis gets on my nerves. She's got her mag deal already, no more reason for her to stay.
21-07-2005, 08:19 AM
Science - the dilemma
I couldnt read your post Borneo - it made my eyes go funny !!!

I think that Science is by far the most entertaining between the two - BUT he would get severely on my tits if i were in the house. I think i would of thrown something very heavy ... maybe an ashtray in his general direction by now !!!

I think Orleith (i still cant spell her name) was out of order regarding the washing. Im sure her towels were dry enough, and to hang them on the chair would of been fine - i mean, the guy needs to dry his washing too.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
21-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Science - the dilemma
He should stay. Loud, yes. Abrasive, yes. But what intersets me is the interplay between him on the one hand and Derek and Kemal on the other. When those two are confronting him, or when they go into one of their intimate huddles discussing him, we really do see the worst side of them. Science acts as a catalyst, making them reveal what they really are behind their posturing facades, and for that I think he is very valuable and deserves to stay on.

I would personally like to see a time when he is nominated for eviction alongside derek, and to see the look of Derek's prissy face when he, Derek, is voted out and has to face the fact that he is liked even less than what he sees as an ignorant, inarticulate smelly lout. Go Science!

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
21-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Science - the dilemma
I felt that last night's show was edited with Science in almost every scene. I don't know if it was in favour of him or not though, as yes it may have proved that he is not a boring housemate but it also showed how utterly stubborn and annoying he is.

The only reason I was Orlaith to stay is so that she maybe up against Makosi and then Makosi goes but in all honestly I don't think Orlaith could handle being up for 2 evictions and then being told she has to stay! She would't be able to cope with yet another week of not having her talons done!

Oh, I don't know I am really confused now, I would hate to have someone like Science in my face 24/7 as he just goes on and on and on and on and on and never, ever accepts that he is wrong but I don think he probably does have a heart of gold, as he said at the table. He just doesn't know when to switch off! However Orlaith is very boring, and now she is being slightly pathetic and why was she lying in the garden with a duvet over her?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
21-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Science - the dilemma
Bella Wrote:why was she lying in the garden with a duvet over her?

Well, quite, Bella. Maybe she was doing a 'Craig'. :ohmy:

The problem the others have with Science is that they are also people who like to have the last word, but have never met anyone quite as tenacious as Science when it comes to the last word stakes.
21-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Science - the dilemma
It was when Orlaith was screaming at Science asking him, pleading with him could he please just shut-up and Science ever the defiant just answers - NO!

And what a two-faced horror Derek was, scooping Orlaith into his arms and telling her not to cry when it is pretty obvious that he can't stand her, and then he tells her that their issues have been sorted out.............since when, he still talks about her behind her back.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
21-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Science - the dilemma
Can I say one of the funniest scenes for me was Science in his dog outfit touching Derek and smiling at him in a cute way, to prove he wasn't 'homophobic', and Derek jumping up and crying 'don't touch me!'

Anyone notice how when Derek and Kemal were later discussing the 'incident' dame Kemal described it as if it was an assault? And of course that's what it will become when Kemal tells his revamped version of the story to all and sundry.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
21-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Science - the dilemma
maxine Wrote:The problem the others have with Science is that they are also people who like to have the last word, but have never met anyone quite as tenacious as Science when it comes to the last word stakes.

lol! How well put Maxine! Spot on! :thumbsup:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  8 out of 10 cats with Derek/Science sayangmouse 7 1,076 13-08-2005 09:24 AM
Last Post: Bella
  Science goes.... Dolores 31 2,775 24-07-2005 02:12 PM
Last Post: jaycee
  Orlaith v Science - Who Do You Want To Evict? Pandora 50 3,428 22-07-2005 02:50 PM
Last Post: Isis
  Science Pandora 81 6,596 20-07-2005 05:28 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  No doubt Science is one of the housemates up tomorrow ! borneobabe 7 950 19-07-2005 02:29 PM
Last Post: sayangmouse
  Nomination dilemma. secrets 4 707 11-07-2005 11:55 PM
Last Post: sayangmouse
  food, wine, Science and Maxwell and everything (22/6/05) Dolores 11 1,587 23-06-2005 07:35 PM
Last Post: Cat
  O Grade Science isleofweather 14 1,748 07-06-2005 09:15 AM
Last Post: isleofweather