Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scream! If You Want to Get Off!
27-12-2004, 08:24 PM

I think most of us could be interested in a new series that starts on ITV on Saturday 1st January 2005 at 7pm....

It is presented by former I'm a Celebrity contestant Lord Brocket!

It sees daredevil Nigel Marven camping out in the South African wilderness, where he attempts to win big cash prizes for charity by facing a number of hair-raising challenges - often involving the local wildlife. He will be competing against two six-person teams drawn from the general public, whose numbers will be whittled down throughout the series as the weakest members are voted off by their comrades.
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2004, 11:41 AM
I know I'll be watching.........I prefer the reality shows that actually present a challenge to those taking part although I do watch the others.

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-12-2004, 04:18 PM
According to my TV Magazine this is a 6 part series. Each week the 2 teams compete in 3 challenges, winning up to £5000 if they're sucessful. As the show goes on, the tasks will get harder and the weaker members are voted off by their team mates. (this reminds me of something - not sure what tho :wink2: )

The 2 teams have to compete against wildlife expert Nigel Marven who takes part in all the challenges on his own. Any money that is won is placed in a kitty. If the sole survivor ot either team win the final challenge he or she will keep all the cash, but if Nigel wins then the money will be given to charity...

This sounds like it deserves it's own forum Haydon!!!
30-12-2004, 11:38 PM
This one sounds like fun, I'm going to be watching.

[Image: 429.gif]
30-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Well it looks like the nearest thing to 'Survivor' that we have got!

What with 2 teams, challenges and being voted off by a member of your team!
01-01-2005, 07:01 PM
This is starting now!!!!!!!
01-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Yeah that's right rub it in! :sad:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
01-01-2005, 08:01 PM
oh ... Sad that's it? no-one got voted off?! nor does it look like anyone will ever be voted off?! I'm so confused lol

Ads The Mole Man! (Now comes with Braces!)
01-01-2005, 11:31 PM
I watched this tonight and didn't really know what to think. All we got to see on ITV were the three challenges. But when I turned over to ITV2 it showed more of them in camp and what they were up to which for me was better.
You could get to know the personalities of them all. I think they should have more of that on the main programme.

As for the evictions, it didn't really say how it was going to work, did it. It's not the public voting them off, its each other. But is it their own team or the other team. They didn't really explain it very well did they.
02-01-2005, 12:05 AM
It wasn't very well explained at all, which was disappointing. I still enjoyed it though. I wish we had been introduced to all the 12 contestants and not just the 6 that did the challenges.

I agree about the ITV2 programme which gave us more information on the contestants and life in the camp. I wish they had explained about the evictions and generally more how it was going to work.....

As always there wasn't any totty for the girls but that aside I will be watching again next week.