Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean Kingston - Beautiful Girls
13-05-2008, 02:36 PM

God almighty - what is THIS?

won't waste time describing what this sounds like, because I'm going to take it for granted that you've heard this "Beautiful Girls" atrocity already. You turn on the radio and it's THERE - the lazy, uninspired "Stand By Me" riff (he actually heard it one day and thought it would be good to sample - God, how cynical is THAT?), not to mention his stupid, faux-Jamaican accent, with a voice that sounds like a frog holding its nose. You turn on any music channel and he's THERE, with a fat, grinning face only a mother could regret squeezing out. So, yes, we all know of this song.

And what a piece of garbage it really is. For one, the actual lyrics make NO sense. Call me old-fashioned, but I expect that when someone sings a song, whether they wrote it or not, you can't just punch holes in it the minute you hear it. That's why I wouldn't expect, say, Prince, to start singing about his time in World War II, or for Michael Jackson to sing songs about having sex with someone he wouldn't go to prison for. That's just common sense, right?

So you'll forgive me for laughing at Sean Kingston then. One of the lines contains this classic: "It was back in '99, watching movies all the time, oh when I went away for doing my first crime." Uh-huh. Did I mention Sean is actually 17 years old? So, um, he was put in jail when he was nine, was he? That can't be true. Or is it just that "crime" rhymes easily with "nine" and so it was too tempting to use? Ding - right answer.

And then there's the chorus, which, for the baffling success of this song, seems to have won the hearts of a million stupid girls the world over. "You'll have me suicidal when you say its over." Awww - how sweet. Although isn't that train of thought along the same lines as "if you leave me I'm going to slit my wrists." Sniff - how romantic - in a creepy, rabid, desperate sort of way.

You know what, though? I'm not too bothered about Sean Kingston. True, he's a below-average talent with a rubbish song and a worse pretend accent, but I think we can all agree that we're not really going to be dealing with him after this one hit single. He's such an obvious one-trick pony he might has well have a nosebag over his face. Which he probably wouldn't mind much.

Don't abuse children, or else they'll turn out like me.
http://www.thecurmudgeon.proboards88.com - The site to save your life.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Oh my God. You are The SAD Curmudgeon who gives every product on Amazon 1 star. What a LOSER. Get a LIFE. :sleep:
Find all posts by this user
15-05-2008, 02:03 PM
You know, I'm only here to remove these damn things, but I AM The Curmudgeon after all, and there's no way I can just let that one go.

Nice to see you recognise me, MJC. Sorry I don't recognise YOU, but then anonymous, boring stains are always the sort of things that get ignored in the first place.

But I won't ignore you, that would be cruel. So a similar retort is required, I imagine?

Oh my God. You are MJC. That guy who people wouldn't even notice if he'd died.

15-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Surely any publicity is good publicity.

I really still don't understand why you're so keen on your reviews being deleted. Is it an issue of plagiarism? If it is, I wouldn't worry.
15-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Hello Patsy. I read what you said about me in my profile, you know. Very sweet.

No, it's not that, I just want them gone, is all. I asked before I left and got refused but I'm hoping someone will see sense.

15-05-2008, 04:33 PM
It's time YOU got a LIFE. You have some SERIOUS mental issues. I suggest you seek a professional help. NOW :excl:
15-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I HATE this song too, but I am not sure I would go to the extreme that you have in your rant about it :wacko:........

there are far more important things to be worrying about than the lyrics of a crappy irritating dodgy R&B tune which is ripping off a classic........

AS for you MJC, I would guess you have far too much time on your hands if you are stalking forums to slag off other people, you sad **** :devil: get out more love, there is a big wide world out there with lots of exciting things to do.....honest!!!!! Smile

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
15-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Isis - I'm sure Oscar Wilde would be delighted to know that his quote is next to an emoticon like that. Classy.

And who said it was important? Is ANYONE talking about anything important in here? I would LOVE to see comments on the economy and Bush and the war and immigration issues talked about in here, when not one person can go two seconds without putting a stupid little cartoon after every third word. Yeah, THIS is really the place to start talking about things that actually matter.

15-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Im sure Oscar Wilde had more of a sense of humour than you TC - get over yourself love!!!!!!

If you want to discuss the more mature issues, bring it on sweetie, there is nothing i like more than a good debate.......

It has been very quiet on SO recently so I have been doing my more intelligent debating elsewhere, but now you are here, FAB, cant wait!

What would you like to discuss 1st????? Mind you I have a sneaky feeling that you will disagree with whatever I say for the sheer hell of it and not because its what you believe.......but if that is what floats your boat, each to their own......

Jaysus, this is the most I have posted here in over a year!!!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
15-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Oh do go start one on your own board then. That would be, like, awesome, man.

(That was not directed at you Isis!)

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Spice Girls - Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) The Curmudgeon 1 993 13-05-2008 02:36 PM
Last Post: The Curmudgeon
  Natasha Bedingfield and Sean Kingston - Love Like This (MP3) - Review The Curmudgeon 1 606 11-05-2008 10:34 PM
Last Post: The Curmudgeon
  Spice Girls Bella 22 3,884 07-10-2007 01:09 AM
Last Post: Slipper
  Spice Girls Reunion At 10 Million Each. Northern angel 5 1,047 25-06-2007 12:51 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  Girls Aloud - Wake Me Up Scooby 8 1,391 29-01-2005 12:09 AM
Last Post: Andrea
  Girls Aloud - What Will The Neighbours Say? Scooby 5 1,461 12-12-2004 01:45 PM
Last Post: Kittencat