Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret Smile
14-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Secret Smile

Anyone watch this - I know Andrea did. The firs episode was brilliant and David Tennant was really scary as the obsessive freak, however it all fell apart in the second episode. There were so many things just left hanging in the air and some things just didn't tie up. I still enjoyed it but I do hate when something that starts so good ends up being a bit of damp squib.

What did everyone else think?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Secret Smile
I loved it Bella. I know there were some gaping holes in the plot - but i really dont care. It was good entertainment, and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think the biggest 'hole' was how Miranda could possibly work / live in Aussie when she was only allowed to stay on a 3 week holiday visa :unsure: BUT i would still give it 9/10.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
14-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Secret Smile
I loved it too.
Of course Tennent was in it, but I thought they all played their parts really well.
When they were in court and he was shouting "I didn't do it" then it cut to the new girlfriend and she grinned, at first I thought she might have killed Miranda:shocking:
But I really enjoyed it. I love a good thriller drama like that.

[Image: 429.gif]
14-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Secret Smile
Yes, a few holes, but a great twist at the end.

Glad the little brother didn't make a reappearance, though. :wink2:
Find all posts by this user
14-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Secret Smile
Yes I really enjoyed this and Colin Tennant was excellent. I do agree that the first episode was better than the second. Why was it so easy to get into Miranda's flat, there was never a mortise locked, unheard of in London and if you were going out with someone that just let himself in to your flat and went through your things, you would get the locks changed wouldnt you??? I also though they just skimmed over how Brendan married Laura, it was also pretty obvious at the end that Miranda wasnt really dead and they had set him up. The way they sploshed the blood from the syringe over the flat would have been shot to pieces by any self respecting forensics - CSI?? But it was very watchable and well acted by all.
Find all posts by this user
14-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Secret Smile
Oh, I still enjoyed it and David Tennant played the baddie really well, it's good to see that he isn't going to be typecast.

Like Mariarob I thought the wedding was just over & done with very quickly and then Laura died - did he kill her? And the same with his sister & parents, nothing was really followed up on that? Was he in care, did he get adopted, did he start the fire and kill his parents? What was the cause of his behaviour?

And then Miranda taking on Laura's identity.......bit bizarre, how is she going to get back home? See, it just goes to show that despite all the security procedures in place, all you have to do is get a wig, a pair of glasses, your dead friend's passport and you can sail through security!

Sorry, this is me just being anal. I just like things tied up and answers given! :laugh: And as I say I still enjoyed it! Smile

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
16-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Secret Smile
I enjoyed it, but it could have been better. Claire Goose should have played lead for starters, don't know who Miranda was but she wasn't very good.

He was great though.

Good drama for a restfull monday and tuesday night though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Secret Millionaire Coastie 23 3,556 03-01-2007 03:43 PM
Last Post: Coastie