Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
See No Evil
15-05-2006, 11:35 AM
See No Evil

Did anyone see this last night ? It concludes this evening and it was about Myra Hindley and Ian Brady.

I thought it was brilliantly acted, and cor ... how wicked did those two look. It was also thought provoking as Myra acted like any other young woman, but gradually changed under the influence of Brady.

I have read a book about the murders, which chills you to the core, but it made it more scarey somehow seeing the story acted out.

I was pleased that they hadnt made a big thing about the killing of the kids - and started the dramatisation from just before the murder of their last victim.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2006, 12:08 PM
See No Evil
Bonsai Wrote:I was pleased that they hadnt made a big thing about the killing of the kids - and started the dramatisation from just before the murder of their last victim.

I was too, Bons. Made it different from your average whodunnit. The involvement of the sister and brother-in-law is not so well-known, not to me anyway, so I thought this was a really good angle to come from.

Twink from Dinnerladies has come a long way, hasn't she?

I'm looking forward to the second part tonight.
Find all posts by this user
15-05-2006, 01:23 PM
See No Evil
I taped it and saw a tiny bit of it this morning - has it been on before? It seems really familiar to me, I feel like I've watched it before.
15-05-2006, 01:31 PM
See No Evil
I saw the beginning of it and taped the rest. As far as I saw I was not convinced by "Ian Brady", the Scottish accent seemed forced and his wig was so obvious I found him difficult to believe in, I may change my mind after watching it all though.
15-05-2006, 02:17 PM
See No Evil
I thought it was excellent and very well written. I didn`t know all about their lives before hand. It did make me wonder though that if they had never met would Myra have turned out evil. Brady seemed to be the one pulling all the strings.
15-05-2006, 03:19 PM
See No Evil
I personally think that, had Myra never met Ian Brady she would of gone on to have a normal life.

I really feel that Ian pulled the strings, and because Myra idolised him she went along with everything she was asked to do.

16-05-2006, 07:05 AM
See No Evil
Very good ending, I had no idea about her sister and her husbands involvement in it all.
16-05-2006, 08:26 AM
See No Evil
I thought it was really good, and very moving. I wonder if the stress caused her sisters brain tumour ? She died so young.

I didnt know her sister and her boyfriends full role in the sorry tale either. They really were put through the mill.

I thought it was a brilliant factual drama.