Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeing as I cannot sleep
12-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Seeing as I cannot sleep

Gosh this is getting to be a pain!

How come I cant sleep? Im lucky enough to say that nothing is weighing heavily on my mind..I just cannot drop off! Was awake till almost 4am last night (morning)!

So, update on Jimi... Smile

We are having a great time, been out and about quite a bit lately, mostly to Hornsea, a 20 mile round trip easy to do cos its along a disused railtrack.
Jimi loves swimming in the sea, ice creams and Guinness. He is also shamelessy putty in the hands of kiddies and is still madly in love with our vet Smile

I am hoping next year to enter him in some small local shows, nothing fancy, just in-hand showing and maybe novice dressage as he has lovely airy paces and seems to enjoy learning new things, in fact I have a hard time keeping him occupied. He is still very fizzy but I think he would enjoy the atmosphere of a show.

Well I will try hitting the hay...wish me luck Smile
M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Seeing as I cannot sleep
Oh Marmalade what a pain not being able to sleep when you want/need to.

But I enjoy hearing stories about Jimi. When he goes swimming are you on his back?? It sounds terribly romantic. That is one thing I haven't done is swim with a horse.

I have a friend who is a bit of a rebel in the 'pony Club' circuit - she takes her charges down to a lovely long deep stretch of the River Aln - and wades the ponies with riders through the cooling water, the kids love, the horses love it, the pony club turn a blind eye - but the parents?? oh my word - who have to wash the kids clothes and clean and polish the tack - LOL!!!

Dressage is my least favourite discipline, but I do love watching it - esp when the horses are light and airy - they are so graceful and effortless. Will you dress up??

If you do get a photo won't you - dressage riders always look fabulous, esp the girls.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

12-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Seeing as I cannot sleep
Awww Marmie, bless Jimi still loving the vet! And he sounds like my kind of horse, ice-creams and Guiness! No influence from you then? :laugh:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
12-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Seeing as I cannot sleep
Thanks for the update on Jimi, M. It is always good to hear about what he has been upto :thumbsup:

Insomnia is really the pits, I hope you get a good sleep soon :hug:
12-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Seeing as I cannot sleep
Are you astride Jimi when he's swimming in the sea? The last time I ventured to the coast, we were ambling along between the sand dunes whereupon a horse - riderless - came trotting up. I grabbed him/her and waited while some other peeps found the would be rider who had come off some mile or more up the beach. Fortunately she was not alone, she had a companion with her on another horse, but she was a little shaken from being thrown.

The horse on the other hand was as calm as could be and was sedately making his way back to the stables nearby to be with his mates. Smile
13-08-2005, 12:51 AM
Seeing as I cannot sleep
marmoset-i just went through the worst bout of insomnia i've had in a while. i will send sleepy thoughts your way. i HATE not being able to sleep when i NEED to. good luck. ms girl
Find all posts by this user
13-08-2005, 02:06 AM
Seeing as I cannot sleep
I blame the weather :sad:

Sounds like you're having great times with Jimi, you lucky thing!! One of my best holidays included a day riding round the old mango plantations in Tobago, then a gallop along Turtle Beach, ending up swimming the horses. Then a long meander back up to the hilltop stables, with the whole way illuminated by fireflies. Bliss!!

Apart from the overlarge crash helmet :ohmy:

[Image: tobago1.jpg]

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
13-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Seeing as I cannot sleep
What a fine beast Fee, and the horse ain't bad too!! Boom Boom!!:laugh:

That looks wonderful fun to do, something I have never tried, but on a hot day galloping along a deserted beach with white surf splashing up the flanks of a steady but excited horse?? Hmmmmmmmmmm... lovely!

06-09-2005, 02:16 AM
Seeing as I cannot sleep
In the wee small hours of the morning - about to burst into song now. I spent most of last night awake on/off, worked until about 9 this evening, and now not sleeping because I think I am planning a move into the city and a change of job. I write "I think" because I havent done very much about organising either move and yet I feel propelled in this direction. So, insomnia is one way of telling me that this is on my mind and I better pick up the reins and start organising, a bit more clearly, both moves. I may be quite mad though as I am making these decisions to make big changes in my life that dont completely make great logical sense. So, tea and some reading and proper planning during the lighter hours, I think.

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
06-09-2005, 06:02 AM
Seeing as I cannot sleep
Aww guys, I don't think I have ever had true insomnia - but what I get is early in the morning 'can't get back to sleep'. I wake regularly at about 4 or 5 am - I generally get up between 5.30am and 6 ish. But I know what you mean tonee - when there you are mulling stuff over in your head it does affect your sleep pattern. Good luck with your 'mullings/organisation and decisions'!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does your sleep pattern change ..... Bonsai 11 1,282 13-03-2006 10:25 PM
Last Post: Flip
  Goodnight, sleep tight! msgirl 11 1,302 31-01-2006 03:31 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  How do you sleep? dab 42 2,405 31-07-2005 02:07 PM
Last Post: Flip
  Pointless can't sleep thread Marmoset 9 1,044 19-05-2005 11:13 AM