Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling Houses
09-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Selling Houses

I searched in vain for the thread that Bonnie started ages ago [Bonny you may remember in the dim and distant past?] about selling her house.

I couldn't find it. On the end of that thread I tagged along like a limp lettuce saying we had put our house on the market [our Scottish House], and then Bonnie sold hers fairly quickly [in comparison to ours], we didn't. This is all background so that you can understand my present excitement you understand?

Anyway, we took on our third agent about 3 weeks ago after 19 months on the market, dropped the price and hey presto things are looking up - so much so that it was featured in the 'Property of the Week' in the Telegraph, yesterday. However, in my excitement I realise that all is not perfect. The Telegraph have put the wrong county, and the wrong country AND the WRONG price!!!!

However, the agent had been beseiged by calls about it yesterday he rang me at 8pm last night to tell me all about it.

So please keep your fingers crossed for us, that this time [third agent] third time lucky we can sell it - despite all the set-backs, pants agents, bad timing, horrendous advertising etc etc etc.

I will keep you posted.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Selling Houses
Good Luck, get a roaring log fire going, plenty of fresh flowers and your garden looking lovely and pretty when people come to view and you've SOLD.

Well hopefully.:wink2:

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Selling Houses
bridge Wrote:Good Luck, get a roaring log fire going, plenty of fresh flowers and your garden looking lovely and pretty when people come to view and you've SOLD.

Well hopefully.:wink2:
Cheers Bridge, I find I only put the heating on - cos if I put the fire on I have to wait donkeys after they have gone to clean it out, so it is tidy for the next lot!!

And because I am working I am now recruiting family to go up and do veiwings for me - and as much as I love Ma-in-law I know she will keep them forever and ever and ever chatting about every living person, thing and object!!!

Mind you a couple drove up from Crewe to specifically look at The Palace on Friday gone - where is Crewe?? [they loved it apparently]. The agents told me it was a long way away??

Oh and we have had two offers, and three notes of interest - I am still a bit clueless as to what that means, maybe Bella, Rob or PJ can expand!!!

09-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Selling Houses
Flip Wrote:Cheers Bridge

And because I am working I am now recruiting family to go up and do veiwings for me - and as much as I love Ma-in-law I know she will keep them forever and ever and ever chatting about every living person, thing and object!!!

:laugh: Awww Bless.

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Selling Houses
Oh Flippy Do Daah, i remember that thread.

Im soooooooooo pleased for you. I thought about Gypsy Palace a while back, but i had forgotten that it was on the market.

I truly hope it sells for you Flippy, and will keep all my fingers and toes crossed.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
09-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Selling Houses
Bonsai Wrote:I truly hope it sells for you Flippy, and will keep all my fingers and toes crossed.

Thank you Bonnielicious! I do too - my creative juices are flowing freely re: our home [home where we live home] and I cannot wait for an input of cash to knock some walls down and do stuff with the space!!

09-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Selling Houses
Oh everything crossed for you flipsville.

[Image: wk%20good%20luck.jpg]

Isn't this a beautiful peice of work, when I look on the site they have just got a load of friggin tea pots. I would buy this.
09-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Selling Houses
Wow Flip, didn't even realise you still had it on the market.
Bit of a crappy estate agent not able to sell a lovely place like your palace in over a year.

Hope it goes for you soon. Sounds like it if your getting some offers in.

[Image: 429.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ebay selling advice please survivorfan 10 4,590 13-11-2006 02:58 PM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Selling on Ebay..tips please. Cat 183 8,234 22-03-2006 09:21 PM
Last Post: Bonsai
  selling on amazon kookycat 2 574 19-06-2005 04:58 PM
Last Post: Ceridwen
  Selling vinyl - records, not flooring Voice of reason 11 1,894 08-11-2004 08:21 PM
Last Post: Cat