Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling your Wedding Day
12-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Selling your Wedding Day

Ok, a kind of hypothetical question here, given that none of us are "famous" or have appeared in a reality TV show but let's say we were - would you like countless of celebrities have done and would you sole rights to a given magazine, noting that they have every say in how your wedding should be conducted.

There were 5 celebrity weddings this weekend:

Jordan (Katie Price) & Peter Andre - will she now be known as Mrs Andre, I wonder!

Kate Garroway & Derek (sorry don't know his second name)

Maria from Corrie

Jodie Kidd

Tom Parker-Bowles

On This Morning there was only one wedding photo of one of the above couples - Tom Parker-Bowles and his new missus all the others had magazine deals and went to endless lengths so that they could not be photographed.

So would you if you were famous, would you sell your wedding day to the glossies?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Selling your Wedding Day
I think if I were famous I'd do what fatboy slim and Zoe Ball did.

Have no exclusive rights to anyone, go out after the ceremony and let the papparazi take some shots, then go back to the wedding and hopefully they would then leave you alone.

[Image: 429.gif]
12-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Selling your Wedding Day
I think it would depend how famous .... but then so would the money i suppose.

I think if i was only a minor celeb and was offered something like £200k for the rights to the photos then i would do it, as it would pay for the wedding and also get my face in the magazines so i might become more than a Z list celeb (im thinking by the way how a celeb would think ... not how i would think).

If i already had squillions in the bank and was MEGA famous, then the answer would be no, i wouldnt want it photographed for a magazine. I would have a private intimate do for family and friends.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
12-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Selling your Wedding Day
I'm afraid I would do my utmost to see them all off!! I would have a small intimate wedding a week before, with just close trusted friends/family. Then go through the ritzy mag deal for squillions! I would still have had my beautiful private day - which means more to me than any dosh - and I would 'act' out a fake wedding purely to rip off the piggy tabloids! Blush

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
12-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Selling your Wedding Day
Of course I would sell my wedding, having extra photographers there wouldn't put me off my nupts!!

My nupts were mine and all mine [oh and of course Mr F's] - I would have the whole world there to share my day and to share the fun and excitement. I wouldn't care one jot that people who I didn't know would comment on my dress or catering or venue - the day would be MY day.

And if I got paid a squillion into the bargain I would just thank those who paid me and got on with my day!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

12-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Selling your Wedding Day
Flip Wrote:I wouldn't care one jot that people who I didn't know would comment on my dress or catering or venue - the day would be MY day.

The thing is though Flip would it be your day the way you wanted or your day the way the mags wanted it.

At these weddings all the guests mobile phones, cameras etc were confiscated, they were frisked on the way in....now maybe celebs are used to this sort of thing but would Great Aunt Madge or your Nana be happy? Plus it would be my family & close friends that mattered to me and they would probably be pushed aside so that the photos could be of the other celebs that were invited. Plus it was mentioned that a lot of people that Jordan & Peter invited were really invited to make up the numbers or to make their scoop look good.

The money would help of course but look at what happened to Anthea Turner, Catherine Zeta Jones............no matter how much they got paid for their wedding the mag deals definitely spoiled a part of their day.

12-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Selling your Wedding Day
Bella Wrote:look at what happened to Anthea Turner, Catherine Zeta Jones............no matter how much they got paid for their wedding the mag deals definitely spoiled a part of their day.

as you reap so you shall sow!

they courted all the media attention and then when it wasn't what they wanted they got all out of their trollies. The paparazzi and these media whores deserve each other imo.

If I ever found myself (a) with celebrity status and (b) someone daft enough to marry me i'm pretty sure I would want everything on my terms and most importantly for myself and my guests to feel comfortable and not hounded by rude media types!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
12-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Selling your Wedding Day
Dolores Wrote:as you reap so you shall sow!

they courted all the media attention and then when it wasn't what they wanted they got all out of their trollies. The paparazzi and these media whores deserve each other imo.

If I ever found myself (a) with celebrity status and (b) someone daft enough to marry me i'm pretty sure I would want everything on my terms and most importantly for myself and my guests to feel comfortable and not hounded by rude media types!

Oh, don't get me wrong Dol, I wasn't defending them I agree that if you are going to sell your soul to the devil, then you can't complain when it all goes wrong.

These mags would not give in demands, they are paying these celebs a whack of a lot of money they would want something in return.

That said though I will be having a wee look at the mags when they come out......shallow, Moi............never!! Big Grin

12-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Selling your Wedding Day
It all depends - If I was famous and rich then- no way would I sell my wedding

but

If I was famous and poor then I'd try to squeeze as much dosh out of them so that I wouldn't have to sell my next wedding!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
12-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Selling your Wedding Day
I dont really care one way or the other. Jordan and whatshisface - i dont want to share in their vows particularly. other people like john f kennedy I would want to read all about it - in pure fascination. If they get a buyer, good luck to them.

I doubt if I would ever want to do something similar because I am normally quite a private person and I doubt if I could change that much. Live and let live and all that.

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Selling your eggs/sperm maxine 27 3,038 22-11-2004 02:03 PM
Last Post: Slipper