Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sex Changes
11-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Sex Changes

I have just been watching the local news, and a man has had a sex change and gone to work today as a woman.

Not a big deal really - and it wouldnt bother me in the slightest. But Im not sure what motivates a man / woman to change sex. Do you believe they are born with the wrong hormonal imbalance or is it something more than that ?

This man has been married to a woman for a good many years .... they are now Mrs and Mrs. How would that work ? Does that mean he is really gay as how can he continue to have a full sexual relationship with another woman ?

The thing that made me ponder though is, this man who has now changed to a woman is a doctor. Would that bother you in the slightest ?

By the way, i have had a ****e day, and have just glugged a few glasses of wine and if i have waffled i apologise.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Sex Changes
Many years ago when i temped in a finance firm in the City of London, a bloke there had a sex change to a woman and returned back to work in the same office.

The blokes who had worked with her when she was a man refused to work with her as a woman so she was moved to a different section, but on the same open plan office floor.

She wasn't allowed to go into the ladies toilets as she was still technically a man.

She was mocked, pointed at and generally made to feel like a freak by male and female staff.

I wasn't too involved cos i was 'just the temp' but I felt she/he was just an incredibly brave, resilient person. I would have left my job and been penniless before I was prepared to go through such abuse.

I sincerely hope that he/she is a happy person now and can look back and laugh at the reaction she got at the time.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
11-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Sex Changes
I've never really understood the motivation myself, but that's because I'm happy being a woman. I did used to have a friend who was waiting for a sex change (from male to female) and he just genuinely felt like he was in the wrong body and that surgery would put things right - he used to look at pics of sex change operations obsessively because he so wanted it to be him.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest if people want to change their sex, have to admit though I might be a tad upset at first if my little boy ever decides he wants a sex change, but I'd get used to it I guess... he might have to do something about his feet though, I think they're going to be huge.

I don't know re the sex thing Bonsai, I know my friend was living with his boyfriend, but the boyfriend had admitted he didn't think he could stay with him when he became a her IYSWIM. I guess it depends on the person.
11-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Sex Changes
Bonsai Wrote:I have just been watching the local news, and a man has had a sex change and gone to work today as a woman.

Not a big deal really - and it wouldnt bother me in the slightest. But Im not sure what motivates a man / woman to change sex. Do you believe they are born with the wrong hormonal imbalance or is it something more than that ?

This man has been married to a woman for a good many years .... they are now Mrs and Mrs. How would that work ? Does that mean he is really gay as how can he continue to have a full sexual relationship with another woman ?

The thing that made me ponder though is, this man who has now changed to a woman is a doctor. Would that bother you in the slightest ?

By the way, i have had a ****e day, and have just glugged a few glasses of wine and if i have waffled i apologise.

When a baby is born it is sexed by the midwife or doctor as male or female.
On the basis of what bits you have down below.

It's sexuality is non sexual.
A lot about sexuality is taught form a very young age, with girls and boys toys, girls and boys clothing, girls and boys behaviour patterns. Most of this is done by virtue of tradition. When a childs behaviour is noticably different to what was expected, we then question what the childs sexuality will be.

However, the chromozones are the real deciding factor on what you feel your sexuality to be.

I am a woman and I am happy as a woman, so therefore my chromozones hormones and genes must be OK.

A transexual 'male or female' desires to become the other, hence there chromozones, hormones and Genes must be indicative of that factor. An op becomes the only way forward.

As this sexuality issue largely becomes an obvious behaviourial trait, it was thought by our Victorian forbears to be a problem of the 'Psyche', as such many members of the medical and religious professions thought that those who had problems with there sexuality could be cured, hence all manner of ill treatments were devised to convince such people, that what they had was a mental disorder.

Some people sadly still think like this today.

Did you know ladies that if you had too much sex our Victorian medical experts would have labelled you a lesbian. Or if you didn't lie back and think of England for your husband and you expected your husband to lie back and think of England, you were also thought to be a lesbian. And if you showed no interest in sex at all, an operation could be performed on your nose which was thought to rekindle your flame. :wink2:

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
Find all posts by this user