Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharks Tale
08-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Sharks Tale

I saw this over the half term and have been meaning to post a mini review for days now!

I like animated movies and was looking forward to this, even if it is a kids film. Smile Overall it was enjoyable, but I kept comparing it to Finding Nemo. It's very similar (in fact, almost too similar) as the story is about fish and set completely underwater! However, I didn't feel the story was as good and the quality of animation certainly wasn't. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are great, but it just didn't seem as sharp as Finding Nemo, with many of the backgrounds appearing fuzzy.

The voice for the main character is done by Will Smith. He was good, but the drawing of his fish character just didn't seem quite right. They tried to make the fish look a little too much like Will Smith and for me it just didn't work.
There are lots of jokes that only adults will get and loads of references to brand names which have been given a fishy angle. eg logos which said GUP rather than GAP.

In summary... good light-hearted fun, that adults can watch with the kids, without falling asleep. 7/10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Sharks Tale
I took my daughter to see this on her birthday. We found it quite boring. The script just wasn't witty enough. Will Smith was wasted. There was also a lot of noise in the cinema which I think is a sign that others were finding it boring too.

Also 2 boys had escaped from their family and spent some of the time sitting behind us laughing in an extremely loud and false manner.
09-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Sharks Tale
I and my family went to see it. I quite enjoyed it, but the others were a bit so-so about it.

I liked the animation myself, and there were a lot of jokes and references that were aimed more at adults than children. On the other hand the basic plot is aimed at a pretty childish level. So basically a lot of the jokes and dialogue went over the kids' heads, while my wife just got a bored with it.

But personally I liked it much more than Nemo which I found very dull. It's worth a visit if you're looking to entertain the kids for a couple of hours, but perhaps The Incredibles looks like it'll be the best bet.

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
Find all posts by this user
10-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Sharks Tale
I took the the boys to see this too over half term and was very dissappointed, infact I fell asleep. The boys did enjoy it, but the unanimous vote was Nemo was much better.

I so agree with Haydon in the trying to make the character look like will smith, infact all of the characters did. It was very off putting.

Also I found the animation 'dirty' if that makes sense. Nemo's was so crisp and clear, like an eyewash on the eye.

Nemo was the winner for my family.

'Bon Jour'
18-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Sharks Tale
ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner Cant touch this! dont stop oscar time! that film was ace, apart from christina aguleira screetching the lyrics to car wash she's killed that song for me

Sammy xx :wave:xx
Find all posts by this user